VPN that works with Dreamcast online games

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

VPN that works with Dreamcast online games

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 pm

If anyone is looking for a VPN that can be used with all dreamcast online games, I've gotten AzireVPN (https://www.azirevpn.com/) to work. They have openvpn servers that will give you a public IP with all ports open. It's pay as you go too, so no subscription necessary.

I used a $20 router (https://www.amazon.com/GL-iNET-GL-MT300 ... 073TSK26W/) to act as the VPN client and stuck it between my dreampi and my normal router. I had to manually forward ports in the advanced setup (basic GUI didn't apply forwards to VPN connection), but was able to make it work.

Just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who can't port forward or wants to run two dreampis on the same network.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Sega RPG

Re: VPN that works with Dreamcast online games

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 pm

that's interesting, i might have a look at it...

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:58 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who can't port forward or wants to run two dreampis on the same network.

This is my exact situation. I'll look into it, thank you. Unfortunately I really am very ignorant about VPNs, so I will have to do my homework.

CutieJoey
rebel

Post#4 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:08 pm

How to setup VPN on my DreamPi for the Sega Dreamcast? I’m bought the same VPN router from Amazon too. Can someone make a tutorial on YouTube how to connect the Dreamcast Online via VPN?