configured PC-DC for VirtualBOX

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brunovieira90
minority

Re: configured PC-DC for VirtualBOX

Post#41 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:32 am

Hello, well I solved the error that appeared when I updated my profile on dreamcastnow. However I was not able to identify for sure which component of windows was missing to solve this, because I needed to use the driver booster program to update the components of windows games. Having updated like this, all at once (I was wrong, I should have been installing one by one). However, the print below contains all the components that were installed with this software. Maybe it will help someone who needs to solve this. Perhaps just updating these components will do the trick.
Attachments
Sem título2.png
Sem título2.png (7.47 KiB) Viewed 7830 times
Sem título.png

conradoz
shadow

Post#42 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Hey guys, I got a modem and serial to USB converter and i'll test today the PC-DC to Sega Saturn.

My plan is connect saturn do PC with PC-DC and navigate using sega saturn.

I saw that there are many brazilians here. :D

Xreel
shadow

Post#43 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:11 pm

could it be possible to use pci modem with this metode

Dostuff
dark night

Post#44 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:57 am

Nice! I'll give it a try!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#45 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Xreel wrote:could it be possible to use pci modem with this metode

no

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#46 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:45 pm

This also works with Mac OSX and Virtualbox. The Mac version of Virtualbox seems to only support USB 1.1 but it's no issue, all games seem to be working! Thanks megavolt85!

mickschen
core

Post#47 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:47 pm

ok cool.

but i have some questions. Do i have change som txt files? For Router IP or some thing else?

Then, i have the Dell Hardware Voice Moden, have to mod this like the guy on page 2 in this thread?

Then, wehen i start the "enter the matrix" button its all fine, but he will aktivate the modem so the Dreamcast Dreamkey sad the line is busy... so its normal.. so how i have to start this when i want to use Dreamkey?

Then in NNA 2k2 is started first the Dial then i start "enter the matrix" script and the game sad i have problems with my ISP, name or Passwort settings... but its "dream" and "dreamcast"

i have a other linux ubuntu create on my self, it worked with some game slike chuchu roket, pso and i can use dreamkey. so that ist why i asked for some files like etc/ppp/options or options.ttyS*

i use this in VM ware Player 15.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#48 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:04 pm

So this doesn't run natively on windows without use of a vm?

I wonder if I could get my usrobotics 56k modem to work with this. Would be nice to hear the dialup noises again!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

megavolt85
Developer

Post#49 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm

mickschen wrote:Do i have change som txt files? For Router IP or some thing else?

changes will be in effect until reboot
why change something? this assembly is fully configured

mickschen wrote:Then, i have the Dell Hardware Voice Moden, have to mod this like the guy on page 2 in this thread?

this is an embedded LVI
no matter what kind of Line Voltage Inducer you have, internal or external, the main thing is that it should be

mickschen wrote:Then, wehen i start the "enter the matrix" button its all fine, but he will aktivate the modem so the Dreamcast Dreamkey sad the line is busy... so its normal.. so how i have to start this when i want to use Dreamkey?

sometimes this happens if a long time has passed between the launch of the script and the dialing
just restart the script

mickschen wrote:Then in NNA 2k2 is started first the Dial then i start "enter the matrix" script and the game sad i have problems with my ISP, name or Passwort settings... but its "dream" and "dreamcast"

set up your DreamCast according to @ pcwzrd13 instructions (look from 6:00)

mickschen wrote:so that ist why i asked for some files like etc/ppp/options or options.ttyS*

they will not help you in running sports games ;)

hawkzer0 wrote:So this doesn't run natively on windows without use of a vm?

no

hawkzer0 wrote:I wonder if I could get my usrobotics 56k modem to work with this.

no, software modems won't work

mickschen
core

Post#50 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 pm

I use the Dell RD02 D400 Modem, no mod, use this on my PC via USB... so why the guy modded this modem? For Using BAtterie or something else?
So i dont need this, or?

"...long time pass..." so, on my own ubuntu machine is it so, that when my dreamcast is calling my **2 fonport where is the PC Modem connected after 2-3 seconds dailing the modem is set up, the second green light is on. on YOUR script this light go on when i started the script. Why? :D Is that normal? So i have to start at first to dail on the console, after 2-3-4 seconds i have to start the script. right?

So for the DC config i have no probs, i using at on DReamkey and DPP. phone to my fonport with **2, tone, dream dreamcast... thats it.

So what you thinkin is the prob ? :D

i opened all ports for this machine like dmz.

what a ip this machine will get on my router, it doesn matter or?

Return to “Online”