PC-DC Endless Issues

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

VirusVox
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Quake 3

PC-DC Endless Issues

Post by VirusVox »

Greetings all!

I've been slaving over this Ubuntu PC-DC server all day long trying to get it to work. This has been the series of events so far:

Ran through the guide provided on the Dreamcast Live website. This left me at the Dreamcast never returning a connection. Adjusted some mistakes I had found, and tried again, still stuck. I then realized the Dreamcast had a modem issue; two of the pins were overlapping each other in the same socket, and one was in the wrong hole and bent. I very carefully worked them back into place and tried again. This time the first connection resolved successfully, but in the syslog it shows the connection terminating after being unable to resolve the local IP.

I decided, for whatever reason, that a fresh restart and run through would be best. So I did this with a different guide and didn't get a hint of success.

So I reinstalled *again*. This time using the guide posted here which uses the Dreamcast Live guide, but is geared towards VMs. I'm not back at the issue where the Dreamcast isn't connecting to my Ubuntu VM. Both lights on my modem (purchased from the Dreamcast Live store) are lighting up, it's just the connection is never going through. I bought a brand new cable, and have confirmed it works in the earlier attempts, but now I just can't get anything to work right. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do, and where I should go from here?

Thank you all!
-VirusVox

VirusVox
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Quake 3

Re: PC-DC Endless Issues

Post by VirusVox »

Somehow the issue resolved itself almost immediately after posting this, it seems. I have yet to figure out how to set up PSO, but once I've got that resolved, I will post back here if any more issues crop up.