DMZ issues with DreamPi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lozz
core

Re: DMZ issues with DreamPi

Post#11 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:03 am

Congrats! I would also be interested to hear how you changed from the default ISP DNS. Was it a change you made in your router/modem settings, or on the Dreamcast internet connection?

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#12 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Astraller wrote:After changing default ISP DNS everything started working just fine! Hooray and thanks everyone for your help!

Nice that worked to you!!! :)

I had exactly (suddenly) the same issue the 1st of Jan of this year. Happy new year!!! Hahhaha.

Dreamcast can be online but games with port forwarding fails, new errors in login at some games... So weird.
After 2 months I discovered that my ISP carrier switched from ipv4 to ip6+CG-NAT, a pain. That was in my case the main problem. Talked with Shuouma and more people of the scene and was not posible in that way, Tha main reason: no real public IP.

This is a question about time and many companies will do the jump to Ipv6 soon or later.

The remedy? :
-Claime, blame, call 3 times every day... To your internet provider to revert the things. Maybe with luck...
-Ngrok worked partially for me for a time, is a software that you can setup on your dreampi and with a key of the service (is free) you can put the Dreamcast connection on a VPN, redirect, put a new DNS... you can get cool things with it and maybe is a future solution.

But, I had luck and finally my ISP provider returned my line to Ipv4 without any advice. I'm happy now but this will happen again.

Hope that this adventure helps!
Sorry for my awful English XD.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

rpf16rj
shadow

Post#13 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 am

Hi, i also had this problem. My ISP delivery a ip in a CGNAT and not real ip. After conversation with the ISP, i got a private IP paying more 50(BRL) in account.

Before this, i trying use a VPN in Digital Ocean, connected inside DreamPi OS, but the some way the connection in game not work, same making port forwords with RINETD in VPN server and DreamPi.