BBA config PSO issues PLEASE HELP

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

KLXboy
rebel

BBA config PSO issues PLEASE HELP

Post#1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Ive set up my BBA that I just got in the mail today and it works and connects. Here's my problem, it crashes and I mean FAST. On XDP it will load google.com but it will fail to connect to anything else. Even just clicking on google images. I am able to get online with PSO get to a ship a block, see players and BAM crashes. I cant exactly figure out what is wrong. I tried over and over for 3 hours and made zero progress. I did notice that my DNS server and gateway are all the same number being 10.0.0.1 which I have never seen on any setup instructions so I dont know if that is an issue. Thank you in advance Im dying to play PSO and QIIIA after nearly 20 years.
PSO v2 username: Mike
Q3A username: KLXboy

Sega1Dream
Donated

Re: BBA config PSO issues PLEASE HELP

Post#2 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:45 pm

You will need to setup a static IP for your BBA through XDP. Assuming your router is using the 10.0.0.1 address you could use the setup below. Keep in mind that the IP address needs to not be used by any other device on your router. You will have to log into your router to know what IP's are available.

IP Address: 10.0.0.100
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1

DNS1: 46.101.91.123
DNS2: 138.197.20.130

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:05 pm

I only set up the DNS settings. Even in Q3, my BBA comes up empty, all games work for me.

My DNS setup is:
DNS1: 46.101.91.123
DNS2: 8.8.8.8

If you require a static IP, what I said will not work without. If static, make sure the range on your router will accept the last three digits of the IP address.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

KLXboy
rebel

Post#4 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:22 pm

Ill give those options a try. Thank you so much to assisting.

KLXboy
rebel

Post#5 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:10 am

Changed the DNS to your numbers and PRESTO. I'm playing pso and quake 3 perfectly. Thank you so much

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:27 pm

Glad to assist, looking forward to seeing you online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

KLXboy
rebel

Post#7 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:43 pm

Well it worked yesterday and this morning but it no longer wants to connect and Im back to where I was before. The same configuration I used to play PSO all night some reason doesnt wanna work today.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Hmmm??? Try rebooting the router, check all settings of the router and the Dreamcast including the IP range.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

KLXboy
rebel

Post#9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Will give it a shot, thanks again for helping me out.

KLXboy
rebel

Post#10 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:18 pm

Left the config settings alone and reset the router annnnnnnd of course thats all it took. Good to know for the future but I spent my whole day off trying to get online rather than playing it. Its okay Ill know for the future. Thanks again.