DREAMCAST WEBSITES [Back Online]

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

colgate
Doom

Re: DREAMCAST WEBSITES [Back Online]

Post#21 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:09 am

Yeah I can share with you, probably in the weekend. It's about 1GB of data compressed.
The 80 fixed websites are already hosted somewhere, I'll share the links tomorrow as I'm in my phone now.

We should keep a torrent with all the websites some where as well. I'd hate to host them somewhere just to see them go away for some reason. I think everyone agrees we need to preserve as much as we can.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#22 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:44 am

I don't know how to set up torrents, but I'm certainly for the idea :)

Looking forward to seeing those sites ^_^

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#23 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:00 pm

UPDATED

Ferrari F355 Challenge has now been completed and is available through the link here: http://dreamarena.org/dreampipe/f355/index.html

This took me two and a half days work to complete, I'm knackered. For anyone who doesn't know, this is the Japanese website. The US/PAL website was salvaged a long time ago by me, but it was awful - a basic red splashpage, a link to a red page with the Yu Suzuki Message, a link to a basic Rankings page and the FAQ. That was it. No menu, no streamlined design, just the most basic HTML you've seen in your life.

So I set about saving this site (from three sources - http://www.sega-rd2.com/f355/jp/index2.html and http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/f355/jp/index2.html which both had images the other didn't have and http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/f355-ps2/index.html for some of the missing track images).

I also translated the entire site from Japanese to English (This is my tenth site doing a translation, and I don't know Japanese so I have to adapt the translation to what seems to fit the game) but it's worth it for the larger amount of information and superior site design available.

I'm also going to add a page or two about the discovery of how to access your F355 Challenge race data in the Japanese version of Shenmue Passport (https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2019/ ... lenge.html), which appears to include the unlockable Gallery later seen in the PS2 port of F355 Challenge! :O
Though this wasn't part of the original site, so I'm not including it as part of the "completed" site announcement.

But there ya go, F355 Challenge added and improved for your browsing pleasure. ^_^

::EDIT::
SHENMUE PASSPORT page has been added and the site is now complete.

slayer2k8
undertow

Post#24 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:00 am

I have most of the Japanese sites safely backed up. One i've struggled with is The Psychological Game which doesn't seem to have anything relating to it. The software simply connected to Visit's servers which are long gone and Visit themselves didn't even acknowledge the game existed and the dricas site was just a logo. Have you found anything for this game on your searches. Any missing elements i might from sites i will see if i can help with.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#25 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:03 am

slayer2k8 wrote:I have most of the Japanese sites safely backed up. One i've struggled with is The Psychological Game which doesn't seem to have anything relating to it. The software simply connected to Visit's servers which are long gone and Visit themselves didn't even acknowledge the game existed and the dricas site was just a logo. Have you found anything for this game on your searches. Any missing elements i might from sites i will see if i can help with.

Awesome. Any chance I can get a look at the files to check if they contain any of the missing artwork etc?

I've found nothing on The Psychological Game, but I haven't really looked. I'll keep my eyes peeled and gra what I can.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#26 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:28 am

Does a site that was never gone count toward this list? Like REZ original website that still exists.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#27 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Ohh, I'll add it tomorrow. I don't think that will be accessible from the game itself but I'll double check. Thanks Segata Sanshiro (saying that feels weird haha)

slayer2k8
undertow

Post#28 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:17 pm

What titles do you want me to check as you can imagine theirs a lot of stuff to go through. I have multiple backups of some sites as well as complete company sites depending on the publisher.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#29 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:26 am

slayer2k8 wrote:What titles do you want me to check as you can imagine theirs a lot of stuff to go through. I have multiple backups of some sites as well as complete company sites depending on the publisher.

Do you have the Genki website archived? I'm currently in the process of restoring and translating the Shutokou Battle 2 website and it has a couple of links to the Genki website.

slayer2k8
undertow

Post#30 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:15 am

Their entire website? probably i know i have complete backups of their game sites and should have some if not most of their site. Most likely it will be from around Shutokou Battle 2's release but i'll need to confirm give me a couple of days. If theirs something specific your after send me a pm and i'll see if i can send the corresponding page.