Need help with my PSO Mag

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Need help with my PSO Mag

Post#1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:45 pm

I'm a RAcast with section ID of Bluefull, and I wanted to get a rare mag. If I'm not mistaken, for my section ID this requires the mag's DEX+DEF to be the same as the POW+MIND.

So when my Mag turned level 100, it had 5 DEF, 45 DEX, 50 POW, and 0 MIND. But it turned into a Madhu, which is not a rare mag. If my calculations were correct, it should have turned into a Pushan instead.

Any idea where I went wrong? Is it because some of the stats had a little bit of extra progress in the next level? I didn't know that would affect anything, I thought all I needed was DEX+DEF=POW+MIND.

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Need help with my PSO Mag

Post#2 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 pm

I know that in the gamecube version of PSO, if you feed your mag with certain items, and it causes certain stats, to go up or down by a tiny bit, it can affect the transformation process.

PS: Haven't played PSO in a long while, so my knowledge is kinda bumped. :oops:

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#3 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am

Fourth evolutions were added in the GameCube version. They do not exist in V2.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 am

Aleron Ives wrote:Fourth evolutions were added in the GameCube version. They do not exist in V2.

Well, shoot. That might explain some things :lol:

So in the Gamecube version, do the stats need to have the exact amount of growth, or is it just the number that matters?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#5 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 am

The formulas are A + B = X + Y, where letters can be DEF/POW/DEX/MIND. The formula depends upon your job, sex, and Section ID. The minimum level is 100, but Mags can evolve at multiples of 10 after that if you fulfill the formula requirements.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#6 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:44 am

I was told there would be no math...

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#7 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:51 am

Aleron Ives wrote:The formulas are A + B = X + Y, where letters can be DEF/POW/DEX/MIND. The formula depends upon your job, sex, and Section ID. The minimum level is 100, but Mags can evolve at multiples of 10 after that if you fulfill the formula requirements.

Right, but is it only the number of the stat that matters?

For example, say my mag's DEF and POW are both 50. The mag's DEF is very close to getting to level 51 but my mag's POW has only just turned to 50. Are DEF and POW equal in this case, or would DEF be considered higher than POW and the transformation wouldn't work?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#8 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:41 pm

If the formula is DEF+DEX=POW+MIND, you would need e.g. 5 DEF, 45 DEX, and 50 POW for the Mag to evolve at level 100. The bar position does not matter; only the number does.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#9 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:The bar position does not matter; only the number does.

Awesome, this is what I was wondering. I've been meaning to start over on Gamecube PSO so now I know how to make a cool mag. Thinking of playing FOmar.

Return to “Online”