Online DC Games

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Online DC Games

Post#1 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:03 am

Dreamcast Online.ods
(18.31 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

Here's a spreadsheet with a list of Sega Dreamcast online titles, including the features they include. The list isn't 100% complete, and I'll fill it in as I learn new information and correct any mistakes. It includes the Japanese titles too, giving us a solid list of 184 online DC titles!

Considering it's very short 2 year lifespan, that's a HUGE number of online-capable titles. Not all of these included online play. Several simply include an accompanying Homepage, most allow for additional DLC and/or Leaderboards and a few (mostly Capcom titles) include additional online play. I've also listed which regions are included, whether the game is VGA compatible and the status of each the web-side of each title. Some sites are listed as Awaiting Upload, this is because the site itself has been completed and is simply awaiting final touches and htaccess before being uploaded to Dreampipe (thereby making it accessible via the in-game browsers), or they may be awaiting redirects by Kazade to point the Dreamcast browser at the right site URL.

I hope this is of interest to someone, and any missing gaps of information that you know the answer to please reply here and I'll update the file :)

EDIT: Just out of interest, there are 54 online multiplayer titles (Not including the ones with ? Players listed as I'm uncertain of their online status)
Last edited by Roareye on Sun May 05, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Re: Online DC Games

Post#2 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:40 am

Spawn: In the Demon's Hand NTSC-J, VGA compatible, have online multiplayer up to 8 players

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks megavolt85, I've added the info, added Internet Game Pack and made the file an ods open source one too.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:32 pm

megavolt85 wrote:Spawn: In the Demon's Hand NTSC-J, VGA compatible, have online multiplayer up to 8 players

8 players? Cool! :D

SubCog
noob

Post#5 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Would this be easier with a Google sheet?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 am

What's a Google Sheet? And why would that be better?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#7 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:18 am

Google Sheet example
it is very convenient service

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#8 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:50 pm

That's cool. I don't see any particular benefit, but it obviously works :D

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#9 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Main benefit is mostly just that we can access it without downloading a file, and that any changes made to it are automatically applied without the need for creating a new link or file.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#10 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Roareye wrote:Several simply include an accompanying Homepage

I'm look in list Awaiting Upload
from where information?
why such long waiting of loading?

I see that some of the recovered websites have dead references, I do not understand why they are not deleted

work on recovery of the website Outtrigger is now conducted, administration of dreampipe.net or seganet.co.uk do not hesitate to write, I will give the website for hosting