Toy Racer Website Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Toy Racer Website Back Online!

Post#1 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:41 pm

toyracer.png

Roareye has revived the Toy Racer website! This marks the first DreamArena themed website to be brought back online! For those wondering this is not the original site (except for front page).
You can view the site by simply accessing it via the Toy Racer game menu with dreampi. The site will automatically be redirected.
Special thanks to Kazade for dns redirect and Jial for uploading :D

Traditional dial up users can access the site by setting your dns to : 46.101.91.123 or use the browser url override command (Hold A + Press Start 10 Times) then press X+A over URL bar and go to toyracer.dreampipe.net

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Toy Racer Website Back Online!

Post#2 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:23 pm

HOORAY!

As Xiden says, all we had was a single still image of the homepage, with nothing else to go on. I essentially used this image to rebuild a working version of that homepage and adapted the basic design to fit the other pages.

Unfortunately all of the original code, as well as material for the other pages, has been lost to time, however I built new artwork and wrote up new information (Vehicle/Weapons etc information came from the game's manual) to complete the site.

As for the Rankings system, keep an eye on here and we'll announce their return as soon as the code is implemented.

Hope you guys enjoy the site ^_^

Xiden
Developer

Re: Toy Racer Website Back Online!

Post#3 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Roareye and Jial pushed a minor update today. I managed to find the original font used for the website, so the titlecards are all updated to use it. Turkey Sandwich Regular is the font name btw.