Getting Unreal online with the BBA

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

StevenLee
noob

Getting Unreal online with the BBA

Post#1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:37 am

Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions about the Broadband adapter. I use to have one when it first came out, but unfortunately I sold my Dreamcast. I have since gotten a new one and the BBA. However, when I try to connect I get a "Network Failure Unable to lookup the Master Server. Check your settings.". What settings do I need to change? The DC's network settings are 0.0.0.0 for all. which is right, right? The router I'm using is a TP-Link and that goes into a 24port switch to get to the DC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Xiden
Developer

Re: Getting Unreal online with the BBA

Post#2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:42 am

StevenLee wrote:Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions about the Broadband adapter. I use to have one when it first came out, but unfortunately I sold my Dreamcast. I have since gotten a new one and the BBA. However, when I try to connect I get a "Network Failure Unable to lookup the Master Server. Check your settings.". What settings do I need to change? The DC's network settings are 0.0.0.0 for all. which is right, right? The router I'm using is a TP-Link and that goes into a 24port switch to get to the DC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unreal Tournament has not been brought back online yet. Quake 3 Arena however does work if you want a FPS BBA game.

StevenLee
noob

Post#3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:17 pm

Ahh, I was wondering that. Cool I will try and find Quake then. Any Idea when Unreal will be back online and what other games are supported online?

Thanks for you help!

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:44 pm

StevenLee wrote:Ahh, I was wondering that. Cool I will try and find Quake then. Any Idea when Unreal will be back online and what other games are supported online?

Thanks for you help!

That one will be tough due to it requiring a central server instead of p2p. You can see the full list of online games here https://www.dreamcastlive.net/games

Most games require a Dreampi setup, (uses the original dialup modem of the dreamcast with raspberry pi) more info on that here https://youtu.be/VgRLnj2YR3s

For dreamcast bba compatible games the following are online:

Quake 3 Arena
Phantasy Star Online
Toy Racer
POD Speed Zone

Just set the dreamcast dns 1 to: 46.101.91.123

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Only other BBA friendly thing out there I can think of is the XDP Browser...but some people have more problems than others with it. There are other BBA friendly games but they are not online so Xiden's list stands as fact.

Nice job, Xiden.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs