DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Claeris
lithium

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.1 Released! (MAY/1/19)

Post#91 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:53 am

When I go to install it, it flashes a command prompt screen for a split second before going away and then, nothing. Nothing happens. I'm running windows 10 64bit with an x64 processor. And thoughts?

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#92 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:07 am

Claeris wrote:When I go to install it, it flashes a command prompt screen for a split second before going away and then, nothing. Nothing happens. I'm running windows 10 64bit with an x64 processor. And thoughts?

Is it the very latest? 1.1.0?

You shouldn't have a command prompt; The binaries are compiled for retail, not debug.

The Windows binary works on my end; Win10 x64, Win 2000 x86, Windows XP x64x86 and Vista x86.

The Windows edition renders using DX9, not GL or DX11.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Sega RPG

Post#93 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:16 pm

so, opened the companion 1.1 and left minimized for a while, after reopening it this was the result, and it's not closng even if i force kill the process, so i need to reboot...

for info, using fedora mate 30
Attachments
Schermata a 2019-05-02 20-09-35.png

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#94 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Hmm, I've been running the Dreampi Companion 1.1.0 on Windows for over 24 hours and it's still running smoothly. I'll run some tests to see if it crashes, but no faults so far.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#95 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:20 pm

247 wrote:so, opened the companion 1.1 and left minimized for a while, after reopening it this was the result, and it's not closng even if i force kill the process, so i need to reboot...

for info, using fedora mate 30

If Kazade's server host hiccups, there's a 97% chance DPC can recover and retry. Maybe you just got unlucky? Over the course of development, I've found 4 ways to make the app crash. I've since fixed all of them and I test for them every release. I'll leave it on my Linux vm and see if it happens. I've had 0.5 on Mac, which is also Unix based too, running for 3 days and it's good.

Also @Claeris.. not sure if you'll ever follow up or not, but it would help you you created a "debug.me" file in "\data\" and then showed me the output from 'APPSTEP.txt'.,........................

Claeris
lithium

Post#96 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Windows9X wrote:
Claeris wrote:When I go to install it, it flashes a command prompt screen for a split second before going away and then, nothing. Nothing happens. I'm running windows 10 64bit with an x64 processor. And thoughts?

You shouldn't have a command prompt; The binaries are compiled for retail, not debug.

The Windows binary works on my end; Win10 x64, Win 2000 x86, Windows XP x64x86 and Vista x86.

yup, it's the latest. This is all I can get it to do, whether I run as administrator or not. https://youtu.be/3SU5FCJz4q8

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#97 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 pm

Claeris wrote:
Windows9X wrote:

yup, it's the latest. This is all I can get it to do, whether I run as administrator or not. https://youtu.be/3SU5FCJz4q8

The video is unavailable.

Claeris
lithium

Post#98 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:19 am

Windows9X wrote:
Claeris wrote:
Windows9X wrote:

oops, it was private. I fixed it, should work now

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#99 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:53 am

Claeris wrote:
Windows9X wrote:
Claeris wrote:

oops, it was private. I fixed it, should work now

In the '/data/' folder, please create a blank file called 'debug.me', run DPC once and then paste the results of 'appstep.txt', which will be where the EXE is located.

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.2 Released! (MAY/6/19)

Post#100 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:26 am

Hi, everyone!

DreamPi Companion 1.2.0 has been released. Guest mode has been added, so even if you don't have a DreamPi, you can still use DPC to view everybody who's currently online, and their libraries, from the solitude of your Desktop.

Guest mode does not create a local profile, so you won't have access to favorites, notifications and the ability to view your personal profile.

Before this update, you needed a DreamPi to use this tool (IP lockout).