DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion

Post#21 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 am

Have you tried to burn a copy of XDP browser? I use web browser 2.0 which works for the US game's i've tested.

And Doh', Jet Set Radio has a Japanese icon. I forgot it was also JSR in Europe... whoops. I modded the HD version to have jet grind radio everything, so it escaped my mind. Sad too because i own a pal copy.. lol
Last edited by Windows9X on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Sega RPG

Post#22 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 am

tried the app and it's wonderful, i really like the style, anyway i am listed as no games altough i have 10 or 11 online games, should i be online for the app to fetch my infos for the first time?

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#23 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 am

247 wrote:tried the app and it's wonderful, i really like the style, anyway i am listed as no games altough i have 10 or 11 online games, should i be online for the app to fetch my infos for the first time?

You can wait 30 seconds for the database backend to kick in or you can log in briefly to dreamcast.online and have your profile fetched. Also, thank you very much! :D

Sega RPG

Post#24 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:30 am

well i am online now but dreampi and the dreampi companion host me as two different usernames, how to correct this?
Attachments
Schermata a 2019-04-26 13-30-23.png

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#25 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am

247 wrote:well i am online now but dreampi and the dreampi companion host me as two different usernames, how to correct this?

What is your username. The current version snips illegal filename characters, which I'm going to change.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Would it be possible to make this work from a web page so we could also view it directly on the DC itself?

Sega RPG

Post#27 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Windows9X wrote:
247 wrote:well i am online now but dreampi and the dreampi companion host me as two different usernames, how to correct this?

What is your username. The current version snips illegal filename characters, which I'm going to change.

my username is Legacychimera247 but the app is not inputting big characters...only small ones...

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#28 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Gotta use capslock instead of shift

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#29 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:08 pm

247 wrote:
Windows9X wrote:

my username is Legacychimera247 but the app is not inputting big characters...only small ones...

This is an OS specific issue, which is why the setup displays fine print in each section. For windows, any keyboard, you press caps lock. For Mac and Linux, you have to press Control. For extended shift characters, all platforms, press shift.

Sega RPG

Post#30 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:09 pm

ok, thanks, and how to edit my username?