DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: DreamPi Companion is over. Goodbye.

Post#161 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:40 pm

Friggin sorry my man!!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#162 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm

You didn't have to delete the sourceforge..... Can you please reupload the latest versions? I was only able to grab the linux version... At least in PM please.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#163 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Yeah dont get the rage delete all from source forge? release the source maybe some one else go thru it if you are never going to why not.. it's yours do what you want with it

Thanks for the work you did

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#164 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:02 am

This is in reply to the last two posts:

1. The Sourceforge is empty because the latest version released is broken, as I've stated previously. There is literally no point in downloading something that cannot do what's advertised and I don't want to offer something, with my name on it, that fails as such - The favorites feature is currently completely borked.

2. It wasn't a rage delete. I'm just not going to offer a broken product as again, 2.2 is out-of-nowhere broken.

3. Personally, I don't support open source. I never use or participate in open source and I certainly won't publicize spaghetti code in particular - Total crime.

4. If someone wants to continue using DreamPi, hopefully someone still has 2.1 latest patch. Impossible for me to re-compile as I've upgraded by NGinstall as well as my personal toolsets for other projects since 2.1, and also, 2.1 for me is incomplete as I don't have backups of 0.015CURL and again, does not support my new toolsets. --- As i've previously stated, the code base for favorites literally hasn't changed, so I don't know how or why it's broke. I wasted 3 hours fiddling with 2.3 (experimental w/ gundam support) and no dice. DreamPi is most likely dead unless I randomly wake up at 2:AM with an idea.

5. I am still looking into a fix. While I've very fed up with myself for overall publicizing and continually maintaining terrible code instead of doing a re-write, I can't really ever abandon one of my own projects and I know I won't. But unless I, again, come up with a solution, don't expect DPC to be available unless someone has a 2.1.x version and is reupping it.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#165 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am

.......and it's fixed. I've updated the original thread with more information.

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Suspended] DreamPi Companion

Post#166 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:39 pm

As of 6/12/2020, DPC (all versions) is incompatible with the current DCOnline API. I am aware of this.
The best course of action is still being determined as DPC undergoes reworking during it's suspension.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#167 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Discord is pretty dead, so how about we publicize some concepts.

This is still very early, and incomplete. This image is a concept, not an actual implementation. And yes, the mistakes are intentional; placeholders.

Thoughts, anyone?

KmusDC
fire

Post#168 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Hello friend, this is amazing, where could I download a version that works? at least version 2.0 for windows? the file is not on the official page :(

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#169 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Windows9X wrote:Image

Discord is pretty dead, so how about we publicize some concepts.

This is still very early, and incomplete. This image is a concept, not an actual implementation. And yes, the mistakes are intentional; placeholders.

Thoughts, anyone?

Looks nice :) I know a lot of people love this software glad to see you working on it..

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#170 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:23 am

KmusDC wrote:Hello friend, this is amazing, where could I download a version that works? at least version 2.0 for windows? the file is not on the official page :(

Yes, DPC is currently under suspension, due to a fatal bug and being impossible to manage in it's current state. As of yesterday, all versions are broken due to a massive overhaul of the Dreamcast.Online API. I'm keeping in touch with Kazade, the author of DreamPi, as he adds features and refines the website API.

In other words, even if someone has a working backup of DreamPi, it will not function; Just crash. The API isn't supported in any version.

DPC will have to get re-worked, but not in it's current state.

It is time for phase 2.