DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | Favorites update! (RC5)

Post#81 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:53 am

That's cool. As I said I'm making the suggestion from a position of ignorance, so it doesn't surprise or disappoint me that it's not feasible.

The last thing to suggest, I think it's been done before, is a potential Android App version of the Companion. Just make it one size and tell the phone to stretch over various display resolutions itself. That way you don't have to try and accommodate each resolution manually

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#82 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:25 am

Roareye wrote:That's cool. As I said I'm making the suggestion from a position of ignorance, so it doesn't surprise or disappoint me that it's not feasible.

The last thing to suggest, I think it's been done before, is a potential Android App version of the Companion. Just make it one size and tell the phone to stretch over various display resolutions itself. That way you don't have to try and accommodate each resolution manually

I am actually looking into an android edition. iOS is completely out of the question, for those who may be wondering; iOS is a major hassle.

Yes, resolutions are definitely an issue. I'll see what i can do, when i start it.

I need to set up an android environment first, which i haven't done.

Also, latest versions of DPC are now on Source Forge. Windows and linux, anyways. Working on mac now.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.0 Released! (MAY/1/19)

Post#83 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 am

BUMP ANNOUNCEMENT:

Version 1.0 (presumably 'Desktop Final') is now released. The latest and greatest version of DreamPi Compantion, yet! Improvements and online/offline notifications!

Win,OS X and Linux!

Sega RPG

Post#84 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:09 am

oh great :) notifications are really useful...

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#85 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:13 am

247 wrote:oh great :) notifications are really useful...

Indeed. Funny story: When testing notifications, a friend of mine actually went online playing Chu Chu Rocket. I didn't even know he'd be online, till i saw the 'xxxx is online' notification! So, i messaged him and we played for a bit. :)

It's very handy, and convenient; You can turn the sounds off, if you'd like as well. Any player you favorite will have notification pushes.

Enjoy.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#86 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:16 pm

It's operating just great. Haven't tested notifications yet as nobody is online, but look forward to seeing how they pan out :)

Sega RPG

Post#87 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Windows9X wrote:
Roareye wrote:That's cool. As I said I'm making the suggestion from a position of ignorance, so it doesn't surprise or disappoint me that it's not feasible.

I am actually looking into an android edition. iOS is completely out of the question, for those who may be wondering; iOS is a major hassle.

Yes, resolutions are definitely an issue. I'll see what i can do, when i start it.

Also, latest versions of DPC are now on Source Forge. Windows and linux, anyways. Working on mac now.

what about a sailfish version?it uses qt, rpm as packaging and the sdk has a virtual emulator machine to try the actual thing xD

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#88 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:52 pm

247 wrote:
Windows9X wrote:

what about a sailfish version?it uses qt, rpm as packaging and the sdk has a virtual emulator machine to try the actual thing xD

Sailfish isn't possible, at least not at this time. The language I use only has compile ready support for windows, os x, Linux, raspberry pi, Android, ios, emsripten and ppc. I could try to port the raw assembly, but it's far too extensive. Assembly is massive, in lines of code. The language I use supports a few architectures, including arm, so maybe. I will ask around.

The other day, I tried dreamcast.now on mobile, and it works. So there is that, but you don't get the extended features of the companion.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#89 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:17 am

My apologies in advance:

Apparently, i over looked two nasty bugs when testing notifications:

- If you only have 1 user in your favorites, you don't get a notification for them
- If you only have 1 user in your favorites, and you un-favorite them, a 'glitched' notification appears; app crashes when the notification finishes

I'm so very sorry to everyone. I know constantly downloading software is annoying, especially since 1.0.0 was supposed to be the, (for what i foresee), current last version of DreamPi Companion until Kazade changes or adds something and either DPC breaks or can support a new feature.

These programming errors have been fixed and 1.1.0 will go live right now. Please wait about 20 minutes, from this post. Upload order will be Win32, Linux then OSX.

Thank you so very much for using DreamPi Companion and for understanding my mishap. I'm human.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#90 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:35 am

We are more than grateful!! Have an easy rest