Portforwarding and DMZ issues

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

kalets
shadow

Re: Portforwarding and DMZ issues

Post#11 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:43 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:You can't forward the same port to two different IPs. You'll cause a conflict and it's not going to work at all. Only forward to the Dreamcast IP.

I'm going to try fix that tonight, I'll also try to use another router. Could It be possible that my ISP is blocking me from the servers? Thanks for the help!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#12 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 pm

kalets wrote:Could It be possible that my ISP is blocking me from the servers?

Nah. You're already connected to the server. The symptoms you're describing fit a port forwarding/DMZ issue to a tee.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

kalets
shadow

Post#13 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:32 am

Ok, so here are the things that I've tried with no luck:
-I connected the Dreampi directly to my cable modem (bypassing the router completely), it didn't work.
-I connected the Dreampi to my phone using WiFi tethering, it didn't work.
-I flashed my router with its original firmware and back to the latest DDWRT, it didn't work in neither case.
-I try connecting the Dreampi with Ethernet disabling WiFi just to see if it could be causing some issue, it didn't work...
By this point I started to think that my ISP was actually blocking the ports, so I tested DMZ with my notebook IPs, and manually test the ports needed for the games, all of them appear to be close even when my notebook is connected directly to the modem (bypassing the router), the interesting part is that more common ports like 8080 are open! It seems my ISP could be filtering the ports they don't want users to be using.
In conclusion I'll move the Dreamcast, DreamPi, etc to a friend's house and try over there with a different ISP...