(pso) my inventory completely disappeared

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

(pso) my inventory completely disappeared

Post#1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 am

So, yesterday i connected to pso and to my surprise atlimira was gone, it reappeared in a while but my inventory was long gone, i just only had my armor (giga shield) and two things i had left in the deposit, altough everything else disappeared even from the deposit. How comes?there's no way to get my things back?or at least a way to have a mag back?(altough i haven't noticed much difference playing without)

edit: ok i read now tact answer and that may be the cause, i know i should deposit and save but the other day was in a hurry and forgot to...

does anyone know if there is at least a way to have a mag back?

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: (pso) my inventory completely disappeared

Post#2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 am

If your inventory gets deleted, that means that you shut the game off without quitting/saving properly. It is all saved locally on your side, so ships like Altimira being down have nothing to do with that. That said, if you're losing things from your bank as well, that's more of a problem -- I've never seen that happen myself so I can't think of what would cause that (other than possibly a bad memory card).

That all said, a ship crashing while you're playing on it will cause you to disconnect, but it will save your game properly to your memory card.

Sega RPG

Post#3 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:13 am

well i returned to the lobby with some folks and we started doing general chat then it got late and had to leave, i generally deposit everything but i may have forgot that that time, so 95% of cases it's my fault....

the only problem now is : how to get a mag back?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 pm

You can either make a new character and steal the baby Mag that all new characters get, or play Mine 1 in Normal and try to get a baby Mag from a box. Vol Opt also drops baby Mags in Normal at around 3/4 chance.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Download and burn Dream Explorer. Use at least 2 VMU's, one as a primary save and one as a backup. There are official Dreamcast 4x memory cards but they are rare and the 3rd party ones are not always friendly.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 pm

I've the 1st-party official 4x

Still capable of corrupting a bank

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#7 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am

I might have a few mags in my bank, if you want I could donate one. :)

Sega RPG

Post#8 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:15 am

thanks everybody, i have an official 4x one luckily pus other 2 vmu, and thanks for the suggestions, think i will play tll i can get a new one on cave as i don't want to steal other people mag :) maybe if i catch some of you online we can play cave :)

Return to “Online”