Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Zombieatemyneighbor
undertow
Posts: 30

Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 am

The game will be PSO version 2. Someone from this forums told me that bba works with PSO version 2.

User avatar
Aleron Ives
Uber
Posts: 1061
Contact:

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:59 am

The US and JP BBA is the same, and both work in all DC models. PSOv1 and v2 both support the BBA. (V1 may claim that it doesn't, but if you set up the BBA first, V1 will stop complaining and let you use it.)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Image

Zombieatemyneighbor
undertow
Posts: 30

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 pm

What about the Japanese bba on PSO version 2? I am planning to play with him and his friends via online.

User avatar
dromdnb
lithium
Posts: 46

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm

:roll: It will work, i'm using a Japanese BBA for PSOv2, too

Zombieatemyneighbor
undertow
Posts: 30

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#5 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm

dromdnb wrote::roll: It will work, i'm using a Japanese BBA for PSOv2, too


Thank you for replying. How does it work?

User avatar
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Posts: 3429
Contact:

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#6 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:33 am

Yes, they are the same HIT-400. Only the oddball HIT-300 is not as it was only intended for another purpose.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Zombieatemyneighbor
undertow
Posts: 30

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#7 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:06 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Yes, they are the same HIT-400. Only the oddball HIT-300 is not as it was only intended for another purpose.


I tested my Japanese bba while I played PSO version 2. It worked. I was playing with Dr. Teamcast.

beanboy
Heroine Console
Posts: 477

Re: Can I use a Japanese bba in Usa Dreamcast games?

Post#8 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Zombieatemyneighbor wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:Yes, they are the same HIT-400. Only the oddball HIT-300 is not as it was only intended for another purpose.


I tested my Japanese bba while I played PSO version 2. It worked. I was playing with Dr. Teamcast.

Cool! That's good to hear. :D

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Online”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]