Dream Library (Virtual Console)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

streeker
fragger

Re: Dream Library (Virtual Console)

Post#41 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:44 pm

There is no PVR for the menu, at least none which would be directly accessible. There is one for its backdrop though.

And concerning the 15 minutes thing: are you sure about the possible workaround? I remember that I have tested the DL emulator with "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" - an external ROM that is - and it didn't work. Got a screen that told me something in Japanese and then sent me back to the menu after that amount of gameplay.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#42 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 am

streeker wrote:There is no PVR for the menu, at least none which would be directly accessible. There is one for its backdrop though.

And concerning the 15 minutes thing: are you sure about the possible workaround? I remember that I have tested the DL emulator with "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" - an external ROM that is - and it didn't work. Got a screen that told me something in Japanese and then sent me back to the menu after that amount of gameplay.

Just tested the 15 minutes thing and sadly you're right :( There must be a workaround possible (just tricking the Dream Library into believing you have a hire licence) but that's a code issue and not a graphical/access one. I can get the official site back online easily enough (I've already translated most of it) but the game code itself is not in my wheelhouse of skills.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#43 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:23 pm

bump.
drez01, what all did you try to get pcemu.bin to work?

some1 pls disassemble the damn pc engine emulator. :)

it has already been done by some1. but, they're not willing to share.
it would be better to release it to the public and not gatekeep.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#44 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:30 pm

SMiTH wrote:bump.
drez01, what all did you try to get pcemu.bin to work?

some1 pls disassemble the damn pc engine emulator. :)

it has already been done by some1. but, they're not willing to share.
it would be better to release it to the public and not gatekeep.

I agree we have perfect homebrew genesis emulator now for the most part pc engine nah not even close..

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#45 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Tried redirecting the launcher to dreampipe and messing with the bins. Never had any luck. All we found out was one dream library launcher supports the BBA and has an on screen keyboard
BC6CDF89-0763-4233-BF6B-0BF1D5B022E2.png
the others are modem only. I forget which one is which..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#46 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:49 pm

ty drez.
it would be so awesome for dreamlibrary to be modded to work offline loading genesis and pc engine roms.
allegedly the genesis emulator is better than smash pack emulator.
and the pc engine emulator is not perfect but still runs decent.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#47 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:55 pm

The genesis emu is pre smashpack and was what it was based off of. Smashpack has marginally better sound due to each rom being able to be configured individually using Ginsu. Dreamlibrary emu also has a 15 min timed trial per play, unless you paid for it unfortunately..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#48 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:01 pm

-drez01- wrote:The genesis emu is pre smashpack and was what it was based off of. Smashpack has marginally better sound due to each rom being able to be configured individually using Ginsu. Dreamlibrary emu also has a 15 min timed trial per play, unless you paid for it unfortunately..

if some1 wanted to they could extract both emulators to have them standalone and nop out the timer.
there are ppl with those skills on this site.

what is the "backup!" message that shows up when you run games that have save functions?
i noticed when running genesis dreamlibrary emu that it pops up.
is this to save to vmu?
i never played a game far enough to see if it was a vmu save function?
Last edited by SMiTH on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#49 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 pm

I just saw that video of the pce emu running offline.. Dunno how I missed it, that tells me that if you can figure out what file extension the emu uses for pce games, you can launch a game with the pcemu.. That was something I could never figure out
Last edited by -drez01- on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#50 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:09 pm

-drez01- wrote:I just saw that video of the pce emu running offline.. Dunno how I missed it, that tells me that if you can figure out what file extension the emu uses for pce games, you can launch a game just like the MD emu.. That was something I could never figure out

yes, some1 has already figured out howto load pcemu.bin

japanesecake's idea with bleem retails was to extract the emulator bin and remove all protections.
i bet the pc engine emulator doesn't have multiple insane protections as bleem.

so you think you could load pc engine roms with 1MD_EMU.BIN?
i guess try .pce, .bin?