differentiate pod from monaco gp online in dc now

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

differentiate pod from monaco gp online in dc now

Post#1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 am

yesterday i saw someone in dc now was online either on pod or monaco grand prix online, so i popped up in pod and it was not there, so i assume he was on monaco. After a while, the same happened, saw someone online in either pod or monaco, so popped in and he was not there because it was on the other game.

it would be better to differentiate badges in dreamcast now for those two games since it may be quite confusing lots of times...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: differentiate pod from monaco gp online in dc now

Post#2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:51 am

Both POD and Monaco have the same server URLs so it's impossible to tell them apart the way DC Now works (The same goes for Starlancer and PBA Bowling). That's why they show up as one game. You gotta keep in mind that DC Now is really a hacked-together way of getting a modern feature (aka PSN/XBL friends lists) to work on old games so it's not perfect. There is a way to fix this issue but it would be quite a bit of work and require a new version of DreamPi.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Sega RPG

Post#3 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:15 am

i already have that in mind and i am perfectly fine with this explanation...

maybe in the future we could have some messaging system on dc now just to tell people not to go away?

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am

1 way this can be done is edit your dcnow name to show what game u are on. For example before you go on pod connect dreampi online then go to dcnow and choose configure. Let dcnow find your dreampi then edit your name to say "247 is on pod"

Easier way is to just post on chat what you are playing SALUTE
Italian Stallion

Sega RPG

Post#5 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:29 am

i know that but it may happen user is not registered on here, well nevermind anyway :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am

Mechanic wrote:1 way this can be done is edit your dcnow name to show what game u are on. For example before you go on pod connect dreampi online then go to dcnow and choose configure. Let dcnow find your dreampi then edit your name to say "247 is on pod"

Easier way is to just post on chat what you are playing SALUTE

I've been wanting a feature manually select your game that your on. Once you are online with your dreamcast, you could just hop on over to dc now and select your game. :)

Sega RPG

Post#7 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am

hop on over how?it would be useful anyway for those games...

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:17 pm

247 wrote:hop on over how?it would be useful anyway for those games...

Using a computer or mobile phone to access the site..