can't connect with pso v2

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

can't connect with pso v2

Post#1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 am

hi everybody,
as the title suggest i am trying to go online with pso but with no luck at all,

i burned 3 different pso v2 cdi's (1 usa and 2 pal) and none of them were working
2 of them, taken for the web, were not even reading so i do assume there was some misconfigured setting in discjuggler, the other one (a v2 pal one) was taken from here, and it boot ups but it reset at the sega copyright screen, so again it might have some misconfigured setting on dj.

tried a fourth cdi (a pal one taken from emuparadise) and it's finally working, so i booted up and inserted a serial a friend found (dunno where). Now i'm perfectly able to play the game offline but when i go online it tells me i have to check my isp settings and that the game can't connect to the server. Decided then, to try the patcher so downloaded and burned. Unfortunately the patch tells me to insert a gd-rom and when i enter the pso cd it just does nothing.

So any advice on how to get the game online?maybe the serial was an offline only serial?

for the record i am using a dreampi configured with planet web to connect and every other game works just fine.

so is buying the original game (thing that i will do anyway) the only solution or i've just made something wrong?

wanted to try again with the iso on there and the correct settings (which i have finally found) but i don't want to waste another blank cd (in case)

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Re: can't connect with pso v2

Post#2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 am

The patcher disc only works with legit PSO discs and not CDRs. If I'm not mistaken, this is intentional.

If you really want to play online with a CDR, I believe you'll need to burn a patched version of the game. Keep in mind that while using a shared serial will allow you to play online, it will prevent you from registering on the website and thus prevent you from stuff such as special events.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:54 am

ReaderRagfish wrote:The patcher disc only works with legit PSO discs and not CDRs. If I'm not mistaken, this is intentional.
Yes, it is intentional, for a number of reasons.

Sega RPG

Post#4 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 am

ok, thanks for the infos, will try again to burn the patched one. i will buy it anyway sooner or later...