DreamPi Settings For Saturn NetLink?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lisalover1
rebel

DreamPi Settings For Saturn NetLink?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:46 am

I just got all the necessary parts for my DreamPi setup (RPi 3 with DreamPi image on SD card, confirmed booting into DreamPi just fine), a generic clone of the common Dell USB modem, and a line voltage inducer cable w/battery.

But I am having some trouble getting it connecting. When I plug in the LVI cable into the LINE port on the NetLink and the USB modem and start up the NetLink Browser v3.0 and try to dial and connect, the connection eventually times out with seemingly no progress. The USB modem has two solid green lights and the ethernet port's LEDs seem to be flashing at this point, so I assume something is happening?

Are there any settings that I need to use in the NEtLink software? I can't find any tutorials with connection settings for either the NetLink software or the DreamPi, so I am not sure what to use for those.

Xiden
Developer

Re: DreamPi Settings For Saturn NetLink?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:19 am

lisalover1 wrote:I just got all the necessary parts for my DreamPi setup (RPi 3 with DreamPi image on SD card, confirmed booting into DreamPi just fine), a generic clone of the common Dell USB modem, and a line voltage inducer cable w/battery.

But I am having some trouble getting it connecting. When I plug in the LVI cable into the LINE port on the NetLink and the USB modem and start up the NetLink Browser v3.0 and try to dial and connect, the connection eventually times out with seemingly no progress. The USB modem has two solid green lights and the ethernet port's LEDs seem to be flashing at this point, so I assume something is happening?

Are there any settings that I need to use in the NEtLink software? I can't find any tutorials with connection settings for either the NetLink software or the DreamPi, so I am not sure what to use for those.

Here is a YouTube vid tutorial skip to 6:17. Use the same settings on your netlink browser

https://youtu.be/VgRLnj2YR3s