Online Dreamcast Games

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SuperChris
noob

Online Dreamcast Games

Post#1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:38 pm

While I was looking at the list of currently online Dreamcast games, I noticed that there are quite a few that are listed as offline, but not in progress. Will these games ever come online in the future?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Online Dreamcast Games

Post#2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:59 pm

i think certain ones like Unreal Tournament will probably never see the light of day. I know nothing about reversing servers and such but from what i understand that particular game would have to be completely reworked from the ground up...however, Shuouma has single handidly restored so...many...games/servers....amazing work really...we are a very lucky community.

i do think we will eventually see the ones currently in progress come to fruition eventually but just have to be patient...shuouma works really hard and plus has his own family and job that he does in his life.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:21 pm

From what I understand, the games in the offline section are not permanently offline, they just haven't been worked on yet.

Just a few weeks ago, Bomberman and Outtrigger were in the offline section, but now they're in the work in progress section.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:42 pm

*TRIGGERED*

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:22 pm

@ReaderRagfish: You are correct.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

SuperChris
noob

Post#6 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:34 pm

@ReaderRagfish Somehow, I didn't notice that. Thank you for stating so, though.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi

I try to reverse when time is given, I usually ask Pcwzrd to add the games I'm currently working on
to be added in the "Work in Progress". That being said, that doesn't mean it will be coming back anytime soon just that I'm actually putting some time into it.

Some games took my months, but some games took my years to reverse. The games that are still offline are the hardest to get back online.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#8 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Personally, I think I'll be all set if Bomberman is brought back. I'm a sucker for those games and was super stoked when I recently played Bomberman Blitz (for DS) online for the first time since servers were killed several years ago.

Also, Crazy Taxi 2 is in the offline section, but I've seen at least one person on Dreamcast Now playing it. What's up with that?

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:39 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:Personally, I think I'll be all set if Bomberman is brought back. I'm a sucker for those games and was super stoked when I recently played Bomberman Blitz (for DS) online for the first time since servers were killed several years ago.

Also, Crazy Taxi 2 is in the offline section, but I've seen at least one person on Dreamcast Now playing it. What's up with that?

Its just when u connect to the crazy taxi 2 website it shows up

gamingtrucker1
dark night

Post#10 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:Personally, I think I'll be all set if Bomberman is brought back. I'm a sucker for those games and was super stoked when I recently played Bomberman Blitz (for DS) online for the first time since servers were killed several years ago.

I kinda want to see bomberman cause i have never really played the series.And never against people so kinda wonder what its like.The game is a little expensive but if its really fun i would buy it.
YouTube@gamingtrucker1
Twitch@gamingtrucker1