No picture on Dreampi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

No picture on Dreampi

Post#1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:06 pm

I got my Dreampi up and running today, and successfully played online with PSO and Quake. Now I want to configure the Dreampi for wifi, but when I plugged my Pi into a monitor and powered it on (in that order) there's no picture on the monitor. The light comes on, but no picture.

The interesting thing is that my Pi's micro sd card had NOOBS preloaded onto it, and it did successfully display this before I formatted this sd card using the tool provided on Canakit's website and put Dreampi onto it. So I don't think there's an issue with my monitor setup or my Pi.

Any help is appreciated!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: No picture on Dreampi

Post#2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:24 pm

you could use putty and ssh. (terminal over wifi/network)

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Re: No picture on Dreampi

Post#3 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Never mind, I plugged it into my TV and it worked. Strange, because my monitor still works with my computer, but either way it works with wifi now. Sweet!

However, now I've got another issue. I'm trying to configure my Dreamcast Now profile, but it won't detect my Dreampi. I put in the IP address, but still no dice. This is the same ip address that is displayed both on my router page and when I log on to Quake 3, so I'm pretty sure it's correct.

My current username is Unnamed_41fe45 if that helps.