DreamPi UPnP

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: DreamPi UPnP

Post#11 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Blayer98 wrote:Unfortunately, the IP or MAC for the DreamPi never changed.

Are you allowed to manually enter a mac address? If so you maybe able to view it on the pi itself and then enter it.

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#12 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am

Unfortunately I can’t. I have to select a profile...

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#13 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:17 pm

I know it’s been ages since I’ve posted on this thread but I wanted to bump it as I STILL have no way of getting Dreamcast games that require port forwarding online right now.

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#14 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 am

I have tried Quake III Arena and because I’m in the UK, I have the PAL version and that never tells me my Dreamcast’s IP.

Xiden
Developer

Post#15 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Blayer98 wrote:I have tried Quake III Arena and because I’m in the UK, I have the PAL version and that never tells me my Dreamcast’s IP.

Burn the Ntsc version and use something like code breakers to boot it

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#16 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Xiden wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:I have tried Quake III Arena and because I’m in the UK, I have the PAL version and that never tells me my Dreamcast’s IP.

Burn the Ntsc version and use something like code breakers to boot it

Tried that, the game kept saying Server failure and couldn’t connect, and when I tried to boot it from code breakers it said the current disc was invalid.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:58 pm

I was going to say Quake 3 din't get a good CDI! Then I checked the fixed Google Doc with editing disabled thank fuck

Also ought to be region-free! Don't bootdisc a burn, man! Haha in fact CB can't do nothing with burns except that'd need its own bootdisc too even which I haven't got to work personally maybe Tux's dummy-less one when I decide to test that again

ReviveDC ReviveDC NFO (No clue why not in the archive)

DCCM DCCM NFO

DCCM used ARC format. Should use FreeArc v0.666 last version and its site poofed unfortunate

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#18 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Please Don't burn that garbage

Use ECHELON or don't bother

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#20 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 am

Ok, so it turns out that my DreamPi and Dreamcast share the same MAC Address which is why only my DreamPi is showing up...

No idea how I will be able to fix this, I’ve just bought another router so hopefully this’ll work properly...