DreamPi UPnP

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Blayer98
Anarki

DreamPi UPnP

Post#1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:11 am

Hi there,

I’ve noticed that UPnP seems to be supported on DreamPi now according to GitHub (the addition was in March)

I’ve had a look and I apparently just need to install python-miniupnp and it should work...

I’ll be able to fully try this out on Friday but I wanted to know if it would actually work.

Many Thanks! :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: DreamPi UPnP

Post#2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:52 am

Yeah someone submitted their UPnP implementation to Kazade but it apparently caused a ton of issues so it had to be disabled.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:23 am

Oh ok, is it still possible to use UPnP on DreamPi? My only option for DMZ required games is UPnP since port forwarding and DMZ settings on my router can’t use IPs, only profiles which have MAC Addresses assigned to them.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 am

Blayer98 wrote:Oh ok, is it still possible to use UPnP on DreamPi? My only option for DMZ required games is UPnP since port forwarding and DMZ settings on my router can’t use IPs, only profiles which have MAC Addresses assigned to them.

I think someone else had to use Mac Addresses as their option as well. Could you load up Quake 3 or a Dreamcast Web Browser for example, then see if the MAC address of your Dreamcast pops on the router for you to DMZ?

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#5 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 am

I will check Quake III tonight and I’ll get back to you when so get home. :)

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#6 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi there, I tested Quake III and I don’t see my Dreamcast show up. I’m using the modem.

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Blayer98 wrote:Hi there, I tested Quake III and I don’t see my Dreamcast show up. I’m using the modem.

Is it a manual MAC Address entry? Is there a way to see the list of currently connected users and their MAC's on that router?

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#8 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Xiden wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:Hi there, I tested Quake III and I don’t see my Dreamcast show up. I’m using the modem.

Is it a manual MAC Address entry? Is there a way to see the list of currently connected users and their MAC's on that router?

Yes I can see all connected devices and the Dreamcast is not showing up. The DreamPi is though.

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Blayer98 wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Yes I can see all connected devices and the Dreamcast is not showing up. The DreamPi is though.

See if the dreampi mac or ip changes when u dial in with dreamcast on the router. Thats my last idea lol

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#10 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Unfortunately, the IP or MAC for the DreamPi never changed.