Q3A DC Map pack for PC?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheMadPolarBear
shadow

Q3A DC Map pack for PC?

Post#1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Does anyone know where I can the DC maps for PC?

I've had a look and know the game needs to be on 1.16n for cross-platform play but the maps are needed first.

Thanks all!
Online games - Quake 3 Arena, PSOv2, Worms World Party

Mechanic
Vagabond

Re: Q3A DC Map pack for PC?

Post#2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 pm

fileplanet has it
Italian Stallion

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Also, I remember there was a modded cdi of Q3A that had a lot of PC maps added to the DC game. I believe if memory serves me correctly you might have needed a keyboard for some reason but could be wrong.

There was a discussion about it here 10 years ago.

@impulse you remember anything about this man? It would be great to have that disc I remember seeing with modded PC maps for my archive project if you happen to still have it?

I know there was talks about making tools to do this as well that moi was working on. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6849&hilit=Quake+3+Arena+pc+maps

TheMadPolarBear
shadow

Post#4 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:59 am

Thanks for the help everyone! Managed to get the DC map pack and connect to a DC server on my PC. Cross-platform play is fascinating so I'll be looking to test this out further!

There are 2 minor things I was wondering if anyone could help with:

1) Custom resolutions (1920x1080), unable to select them normally so was wondering if I can force it.

2) Mouse curser (windows) keeps appearing in game and moving with my crosshair. Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks again everyone.
Online games - Quake 3 Arena, PSOv2, Worms World Party