San Francisco Rush 2049 is back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: San Francisco Rush 2049 is back Online!

Post#21 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:01 am

For those of you struggling to get online in Rush 2049, who aren't in the US, I think I've discovered why.

POD Speedzone, San Francisco Rush 2049 and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer all used PlanetWeb as a browser for their Homepages. PlanetWeb, at least the version they used in these games, does not connect outside of America - in fact it fails to even initialise the modem. I've tested this on a retail POD Speedzone and CDI copies of San Fran 2049 and Star Wars Racer - all hang and get stuck on "Init Modem" when trying to access the browser. POD Speedzone will let you play online against others, but it won't be able to go online for the Homepage.

The only option for these titles is to purchase the PAL editions (I think, I haven't been able to test any of them yet as I don't own them and the CDI's don't seem to exist online).
If you're outside of the USA avoid POD Speedzone, San Francisco Rush 2049 and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer from that region. PAL copies include all the online modes, and is not likely to use the car crash that is the PlanetWeb browser.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#22 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:50 am

Roareye wrote:PlanetWeb, at least the version they used in these games, does not connect outside of America - in fact it fails to even initialise the modem. I've tested this on a retail POD Speedzone and CDI copies of San Fran 2049 and Star Wars Racer - all hang and get stuck on "Init Modem" when trying to access the browser.

Press Start, got to Setting > Internet Connection and change "Modem Init" on the second page to "AT&F0". That'll fix it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#23 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:21 am

@pcwzrd
pcwzrd13 wrote:Press Start, got to Setting > Internet Connection and change "Modem Init" on the second page to "AT&F0". That'll fix it.

A God arises from the depths of the darkest caverns of the Earth, a manly figure, buff, sincere, and grandiose in stature. Sent down by those who are most holy to bring upon the plains of existence that which was concealed from the eyes of mortal man for so many years.

TL:DR - That bloody worked and thank you so much for the eye opener pcwzrd! :D