new guy, need some help IP address

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TonyM
noob

new guy, need some help IP address

Post#1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:07 am

so i got my dreamcast online tonight thanks to some youtbe videos, a few ebay prchases and a little bit of soldering im dialed in

so the tutorial i was watching said from that point i can go on dreamcast now, type in the IP address of my PI and get linked into that service and change my username etc.

the "my IP address is" line on the pi boot screen is really long, about 30 characters of both numbers and letters in groups of 4 with a : in between. that is not the standard way iam used to seeing an IP address listed and the website wouldn't take it after taking the time to type it out. the DC now site shows me online under the username "Unnamed_04248e"

id appreciate any help thanks

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: new guy, need some help IP address

Post#2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:59 am

when i go to the configure page on dreamcast now it detects my pi.. Ive never had to enter it manually

i know this post doesnt really have any answers but hopefully keeping the thread bumped someone will come in with the info you need...

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:58 pm

You could try an app like fing to find the IP address of your pi. That's what I did.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:42 pm

yknow your gateway IP? Try ipconfig in command prompt to see it

Put that in your browser so you can do things with your router! You will need to DMZ your Dreamcast's IP or port unblock/forward (many many ports to key in) to play all the games!

Unless you only wanna PSO and Quake 3

I don't think DC-now detected me either, jus grabbed my Pi's IP by heading into router configuration jus like that

SparxsteR
undertow

Post#5 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:29 am

lol! i was about to post the same question xD
But it wasent rly that hard to find the ip of the pi :)

I just logged in to my router and looked at ---> (Router/Basic/Lan Settings) <--- and there was the pi. (i havent even set any DMZ, and all games work)

The only thing i wonder is, why the pi have 3 addresses (in my case). But i think that is becuase is have unplugged it a few times. And maybe it gets a new Ip everytime.
Other things connected to the router will get the same ip everytime, but not the pi...
Have you guys seen the Dreamcast 2?

TonyM
noob

Post#6 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:01 am

thanks guys i got it all dialed in. the only online game i have right now is quake. it connects online but then i get an error message at the last step when its trying to find the server

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:18 am

did you try entering a server manually? or only try to view the master list?

TonyM
noob

Post#8 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:06 pm

no i didnt see any options to do that