DreamPi 1.7 Released!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: DreamPi 1.7 Released!

Post#31 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Your post was last night, ya apparently a nine year old bug surfaced that Sylverant had to squash last night

Kazade pretty please for fixed DreamPi image, I don't wanna plug HDMI+KB in my Pi ={ So messy and cramped here

kazade
Developer

Post#32 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Sorry dude, I haven't had time (I only get limited time with my Dreamcast unfortunately). I'll do it as soon as I can!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:20 pm

n THANK YOU for saving SEGA's Dreamcast's true power! Words do not express enough!!

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#34 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 pm

About to upgrade my Pi's does anyone know if there are restrictions when running two out of the same internet connection?
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

sega dude
undertow

Post#35 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:51 pm

I am thrilled to report that this version of DreamPi works with my serial modem for the first time ever. However, it did not work out of the box. It took a bit of tweaking to the dreampi.py file. I had to change the MAX_SPEED variable from "57600" to "115200". That is the speed I used with my PC-DC server. I also changed the ""ttyACM0" to "ttyUSB0" in both return statements, as that pointed to the USB to Serial adapter. Restarted DreamPi and to my surprise, it finally worked. This is after I applied the fix pcwzrd13 posted. Before I made those changes, DreamPi would detect and connect to the modem but it would never answer the Dreamcast's call. That is farther than I ever got with any previous versions of DreamPi.

So happy to finally have DreamPi working. I worked with every game I tried, including NBA 2K1, which I would not be able to play with my PC-DC server. DreamPi is so much more convenient and less cumbersome than my PC-DC server. Using my PC-DC server setup was very manual, and DreamPi is automated. The only thing is that when I disconnect, I have to restart the Pi to be able to make a connection again. It was my understanding that DreamPi was supposed to get ready to reconnect on it's own.

Xiden
Developer

Post#36 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 pm

sega dude wrote:I am thrilled to report that this version of DreamPi works with my serial modem for the first time ever. However, it did not work out of the box. It took a bit of tweaking to the dreampi.py file. I had to change the MAX_SPEED variable from "57600" to "115200". That is the speed I used with my PC-DC server. I also changed the ""ttyACM0" to "ttyUSB0" in both return statements, as that pointed to the USB to Serial adapter. Restarted DreamPi and to my surprise, it finally worked. This is after I applied the fix pcwzrd13 posted. Before I made those changes, DreamPi would detect and connect to the modem but it would never answer the Dreamcast's call. That is farther than I ever got with any previous versions of DreamPi.

So happy to finally have DreamPi working. I worked with every game I tried, including NBA 2K1, which I would not be able to play with my PC-DC server. DreamPi is so much more convenient and less cumbersome than my PC-DC server. Using my PC-DC server setup was very manual, and DreamPi is automated. The only thing is that when I disconnect, I have to restart the Pi to be able to make a connection again. It was my understanding that DreamPi was supposed to get ready to reconnect on it's own.

When you connect to NBA what speed are you at? Just curious if you are higher than 36.6k

sega dude
undertow

Post#37 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Xiden wrote:When you connect to NBA what speed are you at? Just curious if you are higher than 36.6k

Not sure, but I don't think it's higher than 36.6k. Upon connecting, it says something about how NBA 2k1 is limited to 33.6k. I don't know if this is something it always says.

itsbranden
noob

Post#38 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:31 am

Man, I really hate to be 'that guy' but I was having connection issues originally after upgrading to 1.7
I applied the fix posted earlier, and then put my DC in the DMZ which seemed to now allow me to connect to PSO servers.

However, its EXTREMELY slow- taking around 3-5 minutes to load the lobby, and then around 3-4 minutes to select a ship.

I'm going to try downgrading to 1.6 and see if it resolves my issue - if it does not I may contact PCWzrd as the problem may be my line voltage adapter.

Is anyone else having the slowness issues I mentioned since upgrading to 1.7??

Dostuff
dark night

Post#39 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:50 am

I have a pi2 and 1.7 renders my CanaKit usb wifi useless. Sticking to 1.6 now till I''m forced to purchase a pi3.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#40 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Did the quick automated fix and checked dreampi.py to confirm

Think from power-on to second light it's three secs quicker now!