DreamPi 1.7 Released!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

superman200x
undertow

Re: DreamPi 1.7 Released!

Post#41 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Am also having trouble with it now when I went back to 1.6 it dose not work what should i do the usb wifi adapter is not turned on what should I do i try to fix it but i could not do it ?

any help you guys

Dostuff
dark night

Post#42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 pm

I got my issue fixed, ready to play some Sega Sports!

Dostuff
dark night

Post#43 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Make sure you enter your wifi info correctly. Just one wrong character will render it useless.

superman200x
undertow

Post#44 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Cool thanks got it to work now it just take long to turn on

Wilco
lithium

Post#45 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Having some big problems getting connected. I formatted my sd and used win32 to put 1.7 on my card. I get both lights on my router when I'm plugged into the ethernet but I still cannot connect to any game or even the XDP browser. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

I've tried typing in the fix but whenever I get to "sudo pico /dreampi/dreampi.py" it tells me that Directory '/dreampi' does not exist. :(
Kid With The Play

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#46 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Ok, how it should work if all things are good...I am from USA/Canada region, so I am in that perspective.
1. Your router's DMZ is set to ".98" at the end (example 192.168.1.98).
2. The router's IP range allows for it to work at ".98". I'm Canada/USA, so I cannot speak of your region if outside North America.
3. You boot the DreamPi and once it's done booting up, it is ready to go...no touching commands.
4. Both USB modem lights are on.
5. The Dreamcast game disc is loaded and the DC is booted up after being set up via XDP and sometimes, you might have to use Q3 to finish the set-up correctly. Out of 7 of Dreamcasts I have set up, for some reason, two of them I had to use Q3 to finish the job...I have no explanation beyond that. Plus three of them, I had to use DC Flash Eraser for some weird PSO related reason.
6. Dialing.....connecting....logging in - if required....gaming.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. Please check things in that sequence, but making sure the configuring the Dreamcast is indeed correct prior to anything else.
2. Redo the DreamPi SD card and do not touch it (unless where you live, you have to for other purposes).
3. From there, all things should work as I stated above. If not, please advise, I will do my best to help you with this issue.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pipporamone
undertow

Post#47 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:53 pm

The latest Drempi 1.7 Image was already updated with the bug fix on Dreamcastlive?

Thanks

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#48 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:30 pm

pipporamone wrote:The latest Drempi 1.7 Image was already updated with the bug fix on Dreamcastlive?

No, the fixed image hasn't been released yet. It won't be called 1.7. It will be 1.7.1.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

kazade
Developer

Post#49 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:41 pm

Sorry, i haven't got to this yet :(

ripping, cleaning, compressing and uploading an image is quite a lengthy process (about an hour) and i did it the other day and something went wrong and the final image was broken, so I'll have to do it all over again :/

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#50 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:23 pm

issues?
Italian Stallion