new modem/router question

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

new modem/router question

Post#1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:40 pm

so my isp is sending me a new modem. My current modem i've owned since 2012. They said i can get a brand new one free of charge since its being leased. However, that makes me really nervous about setting up the dreampi again...i also have one of those wireless dongles.....

have any of you gotten an updated modem and had issues with your dreampi? honestly i cant even remember how i set up the wireless dongle..but i'll figure it out...

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: new modem/router question

Post#2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Not at all. I went from a Linksys WRT54G to a real router and never ever changed a thing on the DreamPi end. I just made sure the DreamPi was set for DMZ in my router. If you are getting it from your provided and have issues, than call them to help you set the DMZ ("IF" you need help with that).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Thanks Bob!! That's a relief!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:12 pm

I just got the new modem in the mail.....i also have a wireless dongle for the dreampi i've been using...will i need to hook my dreampi back up to the tv to put the new wireless network in?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:09 pm

ok so i got the new modem connected today about an hour ago...i got one light on the dreampi usb modem....i was able to ping google and its connected to internet i think...lots of scrolling text....

on my previous modem i had a terrible time the first time i hooked up the dreampi...ended up going into router settings and set firewall to "allow all traffic" and that did the trick...the settings on the new modem seem much more complicated

its a PK5001Z HSi Router...i have no clue how to fix this