Jet Grind Radio is back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Re: Jet Grind Radio is back Online!

Post#31 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:56 am

jial wrote:About graffiti, there is any upload yet.

Thank you, Jial! I uploaded a bunch of random stuff in-game, but cannot seem to upload them from VMU to gallery. After logging in, clicking browse (pic 1) the VMU displays, "NUMBER OF FILE! 0" (pic 2) even though I can access the file and play with it in-game (pic 3). What am I missing here?

Seriously though, this is half the reason why I got a DreamPi, this is so cool, Jial, you're the best.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#32 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 am

Great work!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#33 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 am

That is one good looking wall.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

jial
Developer

Post#34 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:49 am

is it a pal or ntsc version? Can you show me the files in vmu explorer from the dreamcast menu to see the name of file.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#35 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:13 pm

jial wrote:is it a pal or ntsc version? Can you show me the files in vmu explorer from the dreamcast menu to see the name of file.

Ah, already deleted my file (not enough space for other games) but I'll make another one tomorrow. And it is NTSC. I think it was a .p00 or .PP0 file, but I forget.

jial
Developer

Post#36 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:25 am

For uploading graffitis the files have to be named like

JETGRIND_SMA
JETGRIND_LAR
JETGRIND_XLA

Do you create your graffittis in-game?

louis012345678
Doom

Post#37 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 am

Woah that looks awesome :shock:
Dammit now I need to get a dreampi :lol:

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#38 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:56 am

jial wrote:For uploading graffitis the files have to be named like

JETGRIND_SMA
JETGRIND_LAR
JETGRIND_XLA

Do you create your graffittis in-game?

Sorry for my late reply, life is busy, I'm never saying "tomorrow" again lol.

Anyway, I have no idea how to edit the file names in the Dreamcast. I am excited to try this, I will google around unless someone chimes in before I learn how. In the mean time, this is a pic of my take on "JIAL". At present, I was uploading the raw file name I guess, I attached a pic.

I'll give this another shot tomorrow. Kind of unrelated, but my expensive wacom tablet is having driver issues so I can't make anything pretty and digital until I figure out my life, but JIAL is a sick name for JGR so I had to try a quick one lol.
Attachments
file name 2.jpg
file name.jpg

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#39 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:01 am

jial wrote:Do you create your graffittis in-game?

Edit: No, I downloaded it from the in-game browser and it appears in the graffiti gallery as "DL" (attached pic). Its this link if you want to test upload it to the gallery, it is saved as nonprogressive and cropped at XLA size: https://i.imgur.com/9bJgw3N.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20190531_232331451.jpg

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#40 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 pm

jial wrote:For uploading graffitis the files have to be named like

JETGRIND_SMA
JETGRIND_LAR
JETGRIND_XLA

Took me a lil while, but I was able to rename the graffiti file to JETGRIND_XLA using Dream Explorer (pic1) and the JGR VMU uploader recognized the file(pic2)! Very exciting for me, a huge JGR fan. However, like Xiden mentioned in the thread I linked below (too noob), the dreampipe upload system is broken, so it would not go through. (Ipic3)

If it ever gets fixed and we can upload pics, I would be on that server 24/7. Even still at present, this is such a big deal for me, thank you Jial and anyone else who revived JGR!

Xiden wrote:The dreampipe upload system is broken right now. We're still trying to investigate whats going on, but for now no one will be able to upload anything.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11623&p=117279#p117279
Attachments
jgr1.jpg
jgr2.jpg
jgr3.jpg