Jet Set/Grind Radio is online?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Jet Set/Grind Radio is online?

Post#11 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Well the PAL game can't find the site to connect to, so we can rule that out (Though the Steam post did say the PAL edition wouldn't work).
The Japanese edition gives two options;
One with the Jet Set Radio logo, linking to http://jet.dricas.ne.jp , which doesn't work (URL not found)
And one with DreamHome logo, linking to http://www.dricas.ne.jp , which doesn't work (URL not found)

superman200x, what edition are you using? Are you actually accessing the internet features via Jet Grind Radio? The first (homepage) will always load, but options from there will fail to connect if there's no connection.

Xiden wrote:JSR internet should be redirected to Dreampipe.net where we will host a new jsr site and dlc. Im working on overhaul of dreampipe.net as we speak. All dc sites will eventually be redirected :)

JSR internet does not redirect to Dreampipe.net yet, however from the rest of your post, it looks like this hasn't been completed yet. I see Dreampipe.net's last Update is only from five days ago, so I'll keep my eye on it and await further updates. Thanks for the heads up :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:00 am

Roareye wrote:Well the PAL game can't find the site to connect to, so we can rule that out (Though the Steam post did say the PAL edition wouldn't work).
The Japanese edition gives two options;
One with the Jet Set Radio logo, linking to http://jet.dricas.ne.jp , which doesn't work (URL not found)
And one with DreamHome logo, linking to http://www.dricas.ne.jp , which doesn't work (URL not found)

superman200x, what edition are you using? Are you actually accessing the internet features via Jet Grind Radio? The first (homepage) will always load, but options from there will fail to connect if there's no connection.

Xiden wrote:JSR internet should be redirected to Dreampipe.net where we will host a new jsr site and dlc. Im working on overhaul of dreampipe.net as we speak. All dc sites will eventually be redirected :)

JSR internet does not redirect to Dreampipe.net yet, however from the rest of your post, it looks like this hasn't been completed yet. I see Dreampipe.net's last Update is only from five days ago, so I'll keep my eye on it and await further updates. Thanks for the heads up :)

Ah theres a dns redirect issue we will need to fix if thats the case (were you testing USA Jet grind radio?) The jp dricus site doesnt redirect (yet). I still have a lot of work left on dreampipe.net to fully finish but should have it done soon enough :) the usa site should be jetgrindradio.dreamcast.com I believe btw.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:51 am

I don't have the USA copy, but someone else here stated they got online. As I only have the PAL and JP releases, he must be playing Grind.

superman200x
undertow

Post#14 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:15 am

Will I have the US version and the link work I could take pictures if you guys want to see it

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#15 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:57 am

Please do superman200x. It'll be great seeing the page as I don't have a copy of the US version to test it with.

superman200x
undertow

Post#16 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Roareye wrote:Please do superman200x. It'll be great seeing the page as I don't have a copy of the US version to test it with.

sorry for replaying late went back to sleepy here are the pictures. I also recorded a video but it didn't want to upload i guess is to big file
Attachments
IMG_20180429_125612.jpg
IMG_20180429_125530.jpg
IMG_20180429_125501.jpg
IMG_20180429_125450.jpg
IMG_20180429_125444.jpg
IMG_20180429_125400.jpg
IMG_20180429_125356.jpg
IMG_20180429_125328.jpg

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#17 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:35 pm

That's awesome. Thanks dude. Looks like we just have to wait for Dreampipe to update to accommodate all versions and we are good to go. :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#18 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Xiden wrote:Dreampipe-aru

Just curious, do you need any help with that? Let me know either here or via private message what I can do to help.

Xiden
Developer

Post#19 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Roareye wrote:
Xiden wrote:Dreampipe-aru

Just curious, do you need any help with that? Let me know either here or via private message what I can do to help.

What I really need is copies of original sites downloaded so I can host them. Sites that do not exists in the internet archive ill have to build from scratch.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#20 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:14 pm

I can do that. You want the HTML source files, yeah? I know HTML really well from coding sites back during that very period. I'll gladly help. What sites have you already done, so I don't do the same as yourself?