Quake dreampi features added

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Quake dreampi features added

Post#11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 pm

MASSIVE news! You have done so much for the community. Thank you ever so much
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#12 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Amazing news!! So excited!!!

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#13 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 pm

Phenomenal work as always, many thanks!

Can someone point me in the direction of the definitive version of Quake for DC? Or will there be a new release to coincide with this news?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

BloodBrother
core

Post#14 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 am

*picks jaw up from the floor... Now I need to get a DreamPi..!
Last edited by BloodBrother on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#15 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 am

Wow. That's amazing. I had just started playing through quake on my DC recently. I never played it back in the day somehow, and even with the DC release and how big I was into the homebrew scene, I just never touched it. So this is just phenomenal.

As a newbie to the whole OG quake scene, how will connecting to servers work? Will you just have to connect via the game terminal by typing in an IP address, or is there some kind of interface to seeing servers?

I have a DreamPi and BBA, will BBAs ever work for this too or will it not work that way?

Thanks again for all you have done for the community. You are a machine!

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:43 am

Nico0020 wrote:I have a DreamPi and BBA, will BBAs ever work for this too or will it not work that way?
Considering that the online functionality was added using KOS' built-in network stack and libppp (for the dialup connection part), it should be relatively easy to get the BBA (and the Lan Adapter) to work with it as well, if they don't just work with it already. ;)

I tried to make sure that all of that was easy to use with different devices as I was writing it up in KOS, after all.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#17 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:45 am

Shu is a super computer from NASA! Thanks for all you have done so far <3
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#18 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:48 am

BlueCrab wrote:
Nico0020 wrote:I have a DreamPi and BBA, will BBAs ever work for this too or will it not work that way?
Considering that the online functionality was added using KOS' built-in network stack and libppp (for the dialup connection part), it should be relatively easy to get the BBA (and the Lan Adapter) to work with it as well, if they don't just work with it already. ;)

I tried to make sure that all of that was easy to use with different devices as I was writing it up in KOS, after all.

Hi Blue Crab. Thank you for your input to this topic. Have you ever considered making a simple online game to introduce the idea of Online possibilities with DC homebrew? You certainly are an expert with KOS so will be the ideal person to showcase this.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

moi
blackout!

Post#19 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm

NeoSnk wrote:Shu is a super computer from NASA! Thanks for all you have done so far <3

Considering his level of technical knowledge he's probably from the NSA ;)

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#20 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:27 pm

the surprising amount of praise so quickly is probably great motivation for shu, but hopefully all the positive feedback will revitalize interest of the remaining non-commercial homebrew devs like the days of emulator writing and the first ports of quake\doom

maybe we could even see a proper port of duke nukem 3d, which might even be less resource demanding than quake 8-)

edit: i don't mean shu should do duke 3d, i mean maybe some devs will come back out of the shadows and work on stuff since the community feedback speaks for itself
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net