Dreamcast Now Config Not Working

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

bmadgames
noob

Dreamcast Now Config Not Working

Post#1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi,

New Dreampi user here. I cannot get the configure link to change my username on Dreamcast Now to work. It is not recognizing my pi automatically nor will it accept the ip. Gameplay is working fine. My username is Unnamed_2505b5. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Thabks!

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Dreamcast Now Config Not Working

Post#2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:16 am

odd that it wont take it manually..

after i entered it manually its recognized it automatically ever since...

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 am

bmadgames wrote:Hi,

New Dreampi user here. I cannot get the configure link to change my username on Dreamcast Now to work. It is not recognizing my pi automatically nor will it accept the ip. Gameplay is working fine. My username is Unnamed_2505b5. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Thabks!

Welcome to the forums and to online DC. Its great to see new online DC players, its growing a lot. May I ask how you found about about the Dreamcast being online again? It will help us to understand the best methods for attracting new players.

Regarding you IP issue. Where are you getting your information for your Pi IP address? Im assuming you are following the 'Dreamcast Channel' DreamPi tutorial?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

bmadgames
noob

Post#4 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:07 am

Anonymouse wrote:
Welcome to the forums and to online DC. Its great to see new online DC players, its growing a lot. May I ask how you found about about the Dreamcast being online again? It will help us to understand the best methods for attracting new players.

Regarding you IP issue. Where are you getting your information for your Pi IP address? Im assuming you are following the 'Dreamcast Channel' DreamPi tutorial?

Thanks for the reply. I am using the IP from the DreamPi (just plugging an HDMI cable into it).

I found out by a mention on AtariAge. I am a more casual game collector and thought it sounded like an easy way to get online. I ordered a modem from pcwzrd (super friendly service and fast shipping) and I am loving it. I 100% agree that we need to spread the word on this. It is a super easy solution.