New Dreamcast Now features!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

kazade
Developer

Re: New Dreamcast Now features!

Post#31 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I think the 'last seen' is very useful but it would be much more of a benefit if the players were ordered in last online instead of alphabetical order.

I was going to do this anyway, but you have me the nudge. It's done (and also faster!)

---

I am reading these suggestions and I'll pick the things that are doable/most maintainable as I find time :)

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#32 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:07 pm

kazade wrote:I've just made a few nice tweaks to Dreamcast Now!

- dreamcast.online now redirects to dreamcast.online/now/ which is much nicer
- I've added a country flag to the player list
- The gamer level has been restored and improved!
- Mobile view should now display better
- F355 images have been added
- The 3 previously played game are now the 3 most recent (this might take time to settle, you may see some old games there for a while)

Enjoy!

P.S. Browser notifications and real-time updating are on my TODO list

Hhhhmm a image made for F355 when network play doesn’t work nor when you attempt to use the home page it doesn’t connect.
Attachments
C9771309-0572-4B5B-9E1F-EC5540C02CF1.jpeg
611B93CC-7F83-47C8-AE0E-260529B26270.jpeg
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#33 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Nice update

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#34 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:45 pm

kazade wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:I think the 'last seen' is very useful but it would be much more of a benefit if the players were ordered in last online instead of alphabetical order.

I was going to do this anyway, but you have me the nudge. It's done (and also faster!)

---

I am reading these suggestions and I'll pick the things that are doable/most maintainable as I find time :)

Thank you so much for this.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#35 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:Nice update

The network features are not online yet with F355, only the browser works until someone reverse engineers the networking features, me, xiden and shu got the website to redirect again so it that should be good

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#36 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:39 pm

I second this. Offline players that last logged in a long time ago should be on the bottom of the list, so the habitués can be on top.

EDIT: Oh, it's already done :lol:
Last edited by Raen on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#37 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:39 pm

kazade wrote:

---

Awesome set of updates! Thanks
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:25 am

Is the list bein alphabetized again

I recall I got my DreamPi late January 2017 but on the DC-Now list I was put in the.. second list way farther down after yucky Unnameds

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#39 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am

Thanks, kazade!

Suggestion: Pagination of the DC Now players at something like 50 accounts per page. When I checked out the newest revision of your work and it loaded all 349 users' info, the page request and rendering took 18 seconds on my PC. Granted, I'm not running the newest revision of my Web browser, but I think it is still a valid concern / request, especially considering users of mobile phones. Thanks again!

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#40 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:16 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:
The network features are not online yet with F355, only the browser works until someone reverse engineers the networking features, me, xiden and shu got the website to redirect again so it that should be good

Good update, looks nice and clean and like the flags and putting the inactive people at the bottom is a good touch.

Maybe for future updates a couple of ideas / suggestions / questions

Rankings : What do those ranks mean and where are they listed other than on the image itself, as it would be good to know what your aiming for to achieve a higher rank.

Other images : As my image shows above using the homepage for f355 doesn’t work, so only using the triggers to jump to a website, i might go thru all my games that have in built browsers to see if they have images if not surely all of those will need images if it’s going to mentioned in an update.

BBA user support : would be good somehow

Message Support: I spend all my evenings checking dreamcast now and then seeing someone online so quickly jump onto that game to notice they aren’t online anymore or they have changed end, really wish there was a way that I could message them and ask, how long you gonna be on for or if they want a game.(even if it just opens discord as a private message to them, Skype or email etc)
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor