I Have encountered a strange error

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Rockstarwxy
noob

I Have encountered a strange error

Post#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:41 pm

I purchased a brand-new sealed US copy of Phantasy Star Online (Version 1). I set up my NTSC-US (0) console, enter the time and date, I put the disk in and press "PLAY" on the menu, it goes to the Sega copyright screen, it fades into a white screen and it goes back to the Dreamcast menu. When I go to the Cd player, the graphic is Phantasy Star Online. But the game won't boot. Am I missing something?

ZiggyTheHamster
shadow

Re: I Have encountered a strange error

Post#2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 am

Try leaving the console on the main menu for half an hour without a disc in it. If it does the same thing at any point, try unplugging all the controllers and let it sit again. If it continues to do it, the pins that connect the AC board to the motherboard are not making good connection. If it only does it when the controller is connected (or you randomly hear the VMU beep), then one of your controller ports or controllers is not making good contact and is causing a power surge. If it doesn't do it at all, try another retail game and try PSO without any input devices plugged in. This will rule out various hardware issues like bad controllers or bad lasers.