DreamPi on Pi Zero W or Pi 3

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sunoo
shadow

DreamPi on Pi Zero W or Pi 3

Post#1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 am

I can't for the life of me seem to get DreamPi to work on the Zero W or 3. It seems like the root of the issue is that the latest version of DreamPi is based on too old of a version of Raspbian. Does anyone know a way of updating the Raspbian version without having an older model Pi to boot it with?

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: DreamPi on Pi Zero W or Pi 3

Post#2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 am

I can't help you. But I do know I'm using a pi 3 and have not had any issues yet.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 am

Using the Pi 3 as well, put the image on the SD card and boot, what do you need to update?

Sunoo
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:08 am

I managed to get it updated using a Pi 3 before swapping the card into my Zero W. If I remember correctly, the problem was that the wifi was incompatible with the older version of the OS.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#5 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am

I use wifi with the Dreampi 1.6 release. So really don't know why you need to update anything.

So what issue(s) do you actually get? I mean why doesn't the dreampi work?

Sunoo
shadow

Post#6 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:45 am

I last played with it about a week ago. Let me toss 1.6 on a card again and see what happens. My recollection is that I just couldn't convince the wifi to connect to anything.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:45 pm

When you hook up tour raspberry pi to you tv does it all load correctly? Maybe take a picture of it and where you are trying to connect your Wi-Fi and someone will help for sure.

SuperChris
noob

Post#8 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:14 pm

I also use the Pi 3. It shouldn't be the version of Raspbian.