NFL 2K Series

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RichNice
undertow

NFL 2K Series

Post#1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm not even going to lie.... This is my most anticipated online resurrection (Unreal is a close 2nd). Anyone planning on getting friends together for 2v2, 3v3, or some 4v4 action? I'm looking forward to introducing my son to a real NFL game.Image

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
HTTR2018 on 2Ksports games.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: NFL 2K Series

Post#2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Count me in! Im not a football fan by any means (Outside of just playing catch with My Dad) and i only after all these decades figured out how to really play it last year but i have a lot of nostalgia with the 2K games. Its the kind of games where i have no real good idea what im doing im having a good time. These in my opinion where the last sports games before they got so complex that people like me have no idea what to do and of course the historical significance of them

Its also not Madden so there are some kudo points

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:28 pm

I'd be down for this!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm

NFL 2K1 is first up and I have that. I might need an American here to get me the 2k2 titles in bulk to send cheaply. Some people are doing £5 per game but £20 postage which runs these outdated sports titles over £100 (about $135)!!!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Roareye wrote:NFL 2K1 is first up and I have that. I might need an American here to get me the 2k2 titles in bulk to send cheaply. Some people are doing £5 per game but £20 postage which runs these outdated sports titles over £100 (about $135)!!!

Thats the price of one of the new Madden's right? At the very least you be getting better quality sports games for the same price :lol: All joking aside it might be better just to download a ISO than spending that kind of money

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:55 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:
Roareye wrote:NFL 2K1 is first up and I have that. I might need an American here to get me the 2k2 titles in bulk to send cheaply. Some people are doing £5 per game but £20 postage which runs these outdated sports titles over £100 (about $135)!!!

Thats the price of one of the new Madden's right? At the very least you be getting better quality sports games for the same price :lol: All joking aside it might be better just to download a ISO than spending that kind of money

Agreed.

On another note, I understand it that NFL2k1 is being brought back first. I wish only the LAST games in the series get brought back like NFL2k2, NBA2k2 and World Series Baseball 2k2. Having more than one of each sport, or not the latest like other game company/consoles makes it tougher to get various gamers a chance to play because one wants to play NFL2k1 while the other wants to play NFL2k2. I know once NFL2k2 is online, I'll never play NFL2k1.

Also to note that past online players of NFL2K1 know that the game was an almost perfect game of football that was marred by a couple of unstoppable money plays. I like the NFL2k2 game because they took away the cheesy money plays. I might not even play NFL2k1 because it's like running cheat codes online to win, not skill. Also, only NFL2k2 kept track of wins and losses and disconnects. The quarterback animations make the longer passes more realistic because the quarterback has to take a few steps to "set up" before letting a bomb fly unlike NFL2k & NFL2k1. The rollout plays are improved with a new quarterback scramble animation that makes those formations more exciting to use as well.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:
itsthinkingstill wrote:
Roareye wrote:

. I might not even play NFL2k1 because it's like running cheat codes online to win, not skill.

Well i have no skill so it should not be a problem for me :lol:

RichNice
undertow

Post#8 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:
itsthinkingstill wrote:

Thats the price of one of the new Madden's right? At the very least you be getting better quality sports games for the same price All joking aside it might be better just to download a ISO than spending that kind of money

Agreed.

On another note, I understand it that NFL2k1 is being brought back first. I wish only the LAST games in the series get brought back like NFL2k2, NBA2k2 and World Series Baseball 2k2. Having more than one of each sport, or not the latest like other game company/consoles makes it tougher to get various gamers a chance to play because one wants to play NFL2k1 while the other wants to play NFL2k2. I know once NFL2k2 is online, I'll never play NFL2k1.

Also to note that past online players of NFL2K1 know that the game was an almost perfect game of football that was marred by a couple of unstoppable money plays. I like the NFL2k2 game because they took away the cheesy money plays. I might not even play NFL2k1 because it's like running cheat codes online to win, not skill. Also, only NFL2k2 kept track of wins and losses and disconnects. The quarterback animations make the longer passes more realistic because the quarterback has to take a few steps to "set up" before letting a bomb fly unlike NFL2k & NFL2k1. The rollout plays are improved with a new quarterback scramble animation that makes those formations more exciting to use as well.
I'll be honest it's been so long I don't remember money plays from 2K1. However I def remember glitching from 2k4 and 2K5. Hopefully we get a bunch of folks who are more concerned with having fun then glitching and padding stats.

RichNice
undertow

Post#9 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:

Thats the price of one of the new Madden's right? At the very least you be getting better quality sports games for the same price All joking aside it might be better just to download a ISO than spending that kind of money
https://www.lukiegames.com/search.asp?q=Nfl+2k+Dreamcast

RichNice
undertow

Post#10 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Looks like my eyes were deceiving me.... 2k2 may actually be up first....*giddy school screams*Image