dodo1867 wrote:Interesting seems like a great way to get the most out of the raspberry pi when being used for the dreampi
Yeah, Raspberry Pis have a lot of usage for retro game consoles/computers. This was one of the main reasons why I created these images, so you don't have to waste a large capacity SD card for only using a small DreamPi install, and to get the most out of your Raspberry Pi that you've already purchased.
Other interesting retro console/computer usage I've found online for Raspberry Pis:
- XLink Kai Server - Raspbian package to enable LAN games online for OG Xbox-Xbox One, PS2-PS4, PSP/Vita, Gamecube, Switch. Think DC Now and DreamPi but for other consoles.
- Playback of speedruns on real hardware (too many examples to list)
- GameCube RAM hacking
- Atari 5200 multicart
- PC/XT computer floppy emulator
- SCSI device emulator
- IDE hard drive emulator
- C64 1541 floppy emulator
- C64 online modem emulator
- SIO2Pi - Atari 8-bit computer floppy/modem emulator