How do I get the PSO patcher to work with GDEMU?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: How do I get the PSO patcher to work with GDEMU?

Post#21 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am

the1ross wrote:I have a genuine PAL and JP serial and access number but it wants a US key so I had to use a public one online.

That's really strange. Especially since it accepts it in the offline mode. You haven't even connected to the internet yet at the time you input the serial and key so it has nothing to do with the server. Maybe BlueCrab can chime in on this. He's the PSO genius. :)

Edit: Oh I get it! I forgot about the fact that you were using a disc image and not your original disc. Ive's image is the US version. You can use your PAL serial and key by using the PAL GDI from here. The PAL version doesn't require patching so you don't need a modified version.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

the1ross
undertow

Post#22 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Yep sorted now.

I can create groups and people can join them but anytime I try to join someone else's group I get disconnected.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#23 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:09 pm

In order to use the PAL serials, you have to use a PAL image the first time you play online with a new character, so that it will accept your PAL serials. Once you've been online at least once, it won't ask you for your serials again on that character, so you can use a US disc just fine. If you've just started, you might want to start over one more time so you can use your unique serials.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

the1ross
undertow

Post#24 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:13 pm

I'm using my BBA at the moment btw until the Dreampi arrives. I could just wait until the Dreampi arrives but I'd like to get the BBA setup on one of my Dreamcast's and the pi on the other.

That way, me and my gf or a friend could play the same time.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#25 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:40 pm

the1ross wrote:I'm using my BBA at the moment btw until the Dreampi arrives. I could just wait until the Dreampi arrives but I'd like to get the BBA setup on one of my Dreamcast's and the pi on the other.

That way, me and my gf or a friend could play the same time.

Awesome!

the1ross
undertow

Post#26 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Any idea why I can't join other people's games?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#27 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 am

Check the MTU on your router; I think it needs to be 1400, or PSO gets unhappy.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

the1ross
undertow

Post#28 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:34 pm

I changed it the MUT to 1400. I'm still getting the same problems though; cannot join other people's games and cannot connect to ship 01 Altera (or something like that).

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#29 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:35 pm

the1ross wrote:I changed it the MUT to 1400. I'm still getting the same problems though; cannot join other people's games and cannot connect to ship 01 Altera (or something like that).

Have you tried the ship Vega? That is where I play if I'm online.

the1ross
undertow

Post#30 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:48 am

OK, I can now join all four ships but still haven't been able to successfully join someone else's group, not even once. I think I'll just wait for the Pi and try with that. At least I can play.

Had an awesome time today, leveled a char from 2 - 18 in an all day marathon.