Looking for DreamPI + online game help (in 3 hours)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mrneo240
Rank 9

Looking for DreamPI + online game help (in 3 hours)

Post#1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi dc-talk,

I have a working DreamPI setup and plenty of games I want to try but I seem to be getting stumped for the "complex" ones.

I haven't been able to play Planet Ring, PBA Bowling or Worms.

I made progress today by throwing the dreamcast in the DMZ on my router but still don't have success in those games.

Does anyone have a little time tonight to try and help me? I can Livestream the dreamcast while we go through it and try to fix this.

The only games I've gotten to work are: Monaco, POD, and toy racer.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Looking for DreamPI + online game help (in 3 hours)

Post#2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm

I'd love to help, although PCwzrd13 is the main know all guy, so I'd contact him directly via PM to set something up. I can try to help if he is not able.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Appreciate it Bob, you've always been helpful and so great.

I'll try again when I get home but it's frustrating because I want to play with more people online but Monaco/pod are so polarizing.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#4 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 am

I had to configure my Dreamcast settings with Planet Web and 4x4 Evo to be able to play all online DC games. Try burning a copy of 4x4 Evo. If you can play that game online you will be able to play AFO online aswell.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I had to configure my Dreamcast settings with Planet Web and 4x4 Evo to be able to play all online DC games. Try burning a copy of 4x4 Evo. If you can play that game online you will be able to play AFO online aswell.

I never had any problems playing 4x4 evo but AFO gave me plenty of head aches. I played 4x4 long before I played afo online. I believe my problem was with Dmz or port forwarding.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:21 pm

I got it figured out! Working through the network with shu, I realized there was a second router in the way.

Got it squared and now everything works perfectly.