PSO and KeyBoard requirement.

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alexh86
lithium

Re: PSO and KeyBoard requirement.

Post#11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm still somewhat of a noob but I've been playing PSO off and on for the last few months. I highly recommend buying a keyboard. I opted for the tiny Japan-only keyboard and I think I spent $35 total including shipping (I'm in the US). Definitely buy a keyboard if you intend on playing a lot of PSO.

1nick9
Anarki

Post#12 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 pm

have a look on playasia for an adapter from dc to ps2. total control 5 i think they called. might workout cheaper. will need 2x if gonna play some games that use mouse n keyboard, like q3.
dc was real cheap for a long time few yrs back, most stuff just being thrown out and shipping would cost u more. all NOS stuff (new old stock) seeing alot of thats dried up its turned into a collectors item alot of stuff now.

1nick9
Anarki

Post#13 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Mongonk wrote:Awesome! I greatly appreciate the replies!!!! Screw it I'll just buy one. I'm so pissed I think I threw one out when I was cleaning my basement last summer. So stupid of me!

DURING Ancient times I used discJuggler to burn and download backups from dcisozone. It's now theisozone. What is the best free burning software these days? Also theisozine seems like virus central. My windows 10 machines went nuts with alerts and redirects, false download links etc. Is there a cleaner site or is this the wild west for downloads? ;-)

I haven't downloaded anything in like 8 years. And from what I remember I wasted many CD-R's

Happy to be here! Cheers! -E

for burning if cdi i use imgburn with the discjuggler dll in the dir. it does support cdi if u pop the dll in the imgburn dir. have a look on isozone, theres a rar of it with whats needed. personally i dl imgburn off official site and just use the dll from the rar.

Mongonk
shadow

Post#14 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 pm

So...I tried to play PSO tonight and I must have come accross as an idiot! I never played it back in the day and decided I would figure it out on the fly. Well I had no clue. Jumping around to different ships, blocks, and like 15 lobbies! Someone came up and started a chat. Without a kb I was a total mimbling dope. Sorry to who ever that was! Won't play without kb again!

myphton
noob

Post#15 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Gotta get that keyboard, yo!

Set up the chat shortcuts in the meantime lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#16 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Mongonk wrote:So...I tried to play PSO tonight and I must have come accross as an idiot! I never played it back in the day and decided I would figure it out on the fly. Well I had no clue. Jumping around to different ships, blocks, and like 15 lobbies! Someone came up and started a chat. Without a kb I was a total mimbling dope. Sorry to who ever that was! Won't play without kb again!

Dont worry about it man! I can speak for 99% if PSO players that we enjoy helping out new players. Its one of the things that puts the PSO & Dreamcast community in a different stance from others, kindness! Also dont worry about the KB, lots of us went years without one

alexh86
lithium

Post#17 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:19 pm

I would definitely get a keyboard but the community is very noob-friendly so don't sweat any breaches in etiquette. I've probably played around 10 hours and I own the official strategy guide and I still feel like a noob most of the time. I've always found veteran players to be very welcoming and helpful!