Can't connect to Quake 3 servers (even to my local)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

k1264
noob

Can't connect to Quake 3 servers (even to my local)

Post#1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:06 am

Hello everyone. I have a really strange problem and don't know how to solve this. My NTSC version of Quake 3 just refuses to connect to servers - just after getting list of servers and hitting "fight" on one of them process always stops on "Getting arena info". Although browser works fine. Here is additional backstory and what I used in my setup:

Two months ago I got Japanese version of Dreamcast with B type modem. Some time after that I decided to fiddle a little around console and solder VGA mod into it. Then I thought about setting up PC-DC server, so I can play online games on it for free (even ISP's of Vladivostok still do support dial-up, I didn't wanted to pay). Followed Ryochan's tutorial and some of the posts with dial tone generation. I successfully compiled omninet.ko driver for Zyxel 56k duo, did test in browser and everything was fine. Then I opened range of required ports for Quake on router with Openwrt and got this message as I said above. Tried with DMZ stuff, got same as before. Then I was like "Fine, let's check then if it will work with Quake dedicated server on PC". Same thing happened there AGAIN.

I'm almost got mental breakdown after testing different setups/compiling drivers and have really no idea about what I should do. Also thanks for reading this wall of text and sorry for my poor English.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Can't connect to Quake 3 servers (even to my local)

Post#2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Have you tried opening the console and typing connect ip:port

k1264
noob

Post#3 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:15 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Have you tried opening the console and typing connect ip:port

You meant real console screen like on PC? No, I haven't. Because sadly, I don't have dreamcast keyboard. I did tried to connect by typing addresses in IP box of 'info' submenu, but that didn't worked. Same as I was connecting using hosts in master server list.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#4 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi! vk.com/strik3r напиши мне постараюсь помочь
From love, with Russia :)