Hosting Q3 DC with modern linux distro guide

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Hosting Q3 DC with modern linux distro guide

Post#11 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

are any dreamcast servers up right now?

1nick9
Anarki

Post#12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 am

1nick9
Anarki

Post#13 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:28 am

update. upgraded the server to an i7 as picked up a same pin count cheap so upgraded the os to a x64 incase wanna add more ram. got the q3 servers going on ubuntu x64 17.10 server, just had to install the x86 libs which can be done via this command

apt-get install libc6-i386

fallout
undertow

Post#14 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Feel free to use files from this package i compiled years ago. You do not need the original pak0 you can use the stripped down version. Theres also patched binaries for several remote exploits included

http://fallout.bplaced.net/quake3dc/ind ... atedserver

1nick9
Anarki

Post#15 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 pm

fallout wrote:Feel free to use files from this package i compiled years ago. You do not need the original pak0 you can use the stripped down version. Theres also patched binaries for several remote exploits included

http://fallout.bplaced.net/quake3dc/ind ... atedserver

wasn't aware of your work. looks good man, min install and exploits patched... i really just worked out how to get it going no changes to code. didnt think that itself was a big deal but when went to setup a server on linux was told ppl couldn't get it going on modern distros so hence the reason i decided to make the quick howto post when got it going.