Game im playing on dreamcast now

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Arnold.D
minority

Game im playing on dreamcast now

Post#1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:08 am

When i play quake or a few other games online it says im on PSO. Is this a common problem. is there a way to fix it. I dont want to sit online on a game waiting for someone to think im on PSO when im on quake or others

kazade
Developer

Re: Game im playing on dreamcast now

Post#2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:08 am

What version of quake? Dreamcast now works by monitoring DNS requests to figure out what the game is, but different regions look up different domains - I may not have accounted for some of them.

thE rZA
dark night

Post#3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:58 am

Hi kazade.

Are you the owner of Dreamcast Now!? I cannot install my Gravatar there. Put in my adress, but no change. And: I changed my name to thE rZA. But DC Now! shows old and new name sometimes.
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 am

if you want quake to show on dc now just create a second dialup account within q3 and set both dns to 0.0.0.0 and leave the other diaup info the same. Worked for me. Then when connecting to q3 just use that's 2nd account. Leave the 1st account alone or it will affect other games.
Italian Stallion

Arnold.D
minority

Post#5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:09 pm

kazade wrote:What version of quake? Dreamcast now works by monitoring DNS requests to figure out what the game is, but different regions look up different domains - I may not have accounted for some of them.

Just the standard north American version. I will try changing the DNS to see that helps.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

just do what I posted it will work for q3
Italian Stallion

Arnold.D
minority

Post#7 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Aight boss :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Hey, Arnold! One thing is important, that is if you are using a BBA, DreamPi or other method. Why you ask...well when I use a BBA, I NEVER get a list. When I use DreamPi, I get a list. When I use LanModem (also known as the Netopia method) I sometimes get a list, sometimes no list.

I hope this helps and hope to see you online!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Arnold.D
minority

Post#9 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Ok I tried the DNS to all 0s and I show up playing quake now

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#10 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am

Mechanic wrote:if you want quake to show on dc now just create a second dialup account within q3 and set both dns to 0.0.0.0 and leave the other diaup info the same. Worked for me. Then when connecting to q3 just use that's 2nd account. Leave the 1st account alone or it will affect other games.

Arnold.D wrote:Ok I tried the DNS to all 0s and I show up playing quake now

That's strange that that would fix the issue. The DNS server specified on the Dreamcast is ignored and overridden by DreamPi so it really shouldn't matter at all what you put there. That's why you're able to put 0.0.0.0 in there instead of the proper DNS which is 46.101.91.123. Regardless, you don't need to put this in the secondary dial-up account settings. You can set the DNS to 0.0.0.0 on the primary. In fact, that's what I specify for the DNS in my video tutorial.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live