Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Anonymouse
dirty sailor

Re: Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:00 am

DreamcastUK wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:Hi DC UK. Thanks for that. I'm trying to prioritize for EU people that dont have a DreamPi yet and are getting put off by having to make a LVI, especially an EU one. I will make them for people that have one already though.

Does anyone here not have a DreamPi but is thinking of getting one?

Ok sure, like I say I have 5 people wanting to get their Dreamcasts back online (I’m sure I still class as an EU person being from the UK, we’ve not left the EU yet) lol. Let me know when your good to go

Ok DCUK.

Ill be back home soon and update you then.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

gjb1985
core

Post#12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:58 am

Anonymouse wrote:I live in the UK and would be willing to make and sell USB powered LVI for people who need them. £10 + postage.

I am an electrical engineer, the build quality will be to a high standard. All components will be epoxy glued to the board but will not be inside a housing.

At the moment I am wanting to know if there is anyone interested in this as I will need to order the required parts before hand. I am currently abroad and will be returning home October 16. I only have a week to do this before I leave again so I only plan on making 5 or less.

If anyone is interested please reply to this topic.

EDIT: I will be prioritizing for people who dont already have one. My aim is to get new players online.

I would be very interested. How much will it probably cost and what will I need for this to work? I've never owned one and would love to get my dreamcasts back online. Might even order more than 1 for my multiple dreamcasts to play with people online in my home if that is possible.

Anonymouse
dirty sailor

Post#13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 am

Research DreamPi on google/youtube. Essentially you need:

-Raspberry Pi 3
-LVI (£10 + postage)
-4GB micro SD card
- Lenovo/Dell modem

The LVI is the only part that needs to be made from separate electronic components and is that part that puts some potential users off.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

monkeytsar
noob

Post#14 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 am

Hi I'd be interested in an LVI, i have the pi and the USB modem (DELL) but i just need the LVI to get back online.

I'm in the UK.

Return to “Online”