Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 am

EDIT:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have purchased enough parts to make 10 LVIs and now plan on taking them away to my work to assemble them when I have time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in the UK and would be willing to make and sell USB powered LVI for people who need them. £10 + postage.

I am an electrical engineer, the build quality will be to a high standard. All components will be epoxy glued to the board but will not be inside a housing.

At the moment I am wanting to know if there is anyone interested in this as I will need to order the required parts before hand. I am currently abroad and will be returning home October 16. I only have a week to do this before I leave again so I only plan on making 5 or less.

If anyone is interested please reply to this topic.

EDIT: I will be prioritizing for people who dont already have one. My aim is to get new players online.
Last edited by Anonymouse on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

DreamcastUK
brutal

Re: Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 am

Sure I'll have one for that price

Email : [email protected]

I could also get more people in the UK for you so that you can complete your order of 5
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:44 am

Hi DC UK. Thanks for that. I'm trying to prioritize for EU people that dont have a DreamPi yet and are getting put off by having to make a LVI, especially an EU one. I will make them for people that have one already though.

Does anyone here not have a DreamPi but is thinking of getting one?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

MrVestek
rebel

Post#4 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 am

I'm in Ireland and I would love one!

I have a Pi Zero that'd be perfect for this.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#5 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 am

Hi Mr Vestek. Thanks for the reply. You will need to get a modem as well. I recommend the Lenovo one. Thats what I use and is easily available.

What distance will the Pi be from your Dreamcast? - Just so I have an idea how long to make the telephone lead.

Cos2k3
shadow

Post#6 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:52 pm

I would be interested too but im planning on ordering live USB soon from the US.

This is the powered telephone line right?

It will work with this?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282635495265?_mwBanner=1

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Cos2k3 - The Lenovo USB modem is the correct one. That is the one I use.

The LVI is the powered phone line.

You will probably be better ordering it for the US as I wont be home until 16 october to start making them

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#8 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi,

I'd be interested too!!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#9 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 am

dave_van_damn wrote:Hi,

I'd be interested too!!

Hi Dave, cheers for showing interest :-)

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#10 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 am

Anonymouse wrote:Hi DC UK. Thanks for that. I'm trying to prioritize for EU people that dont have a DreamPi yet and are getting put off by having to make a LVI, especially an EU one. I will make them for people that have one already though.

Does anyone here not have a DreamPi but is thinking of getting one?

Ok sure, like I say I have 5 people wanting to get their Dreamcasts back online (I’m sure I still class as an EU person being from the UK, we’ve not left the EU yet) lol. Let me know when your good to go
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

Return to “Online”