Educate me on Phantasy Star Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Milenkov
noob

Re: Educate me on Phantasy Star Online

Post#51 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello, longtime player of the Gamecube version but hoping someone knowledgeable about loot mechanics can help me out.

It was my understanding when I was younger that the numbers given for a given item were explicitly how many of such needed to be farmed to acquire the item (I had done so with the Kaladbolg on Caves, I kept tabs on how many runs I had done and how many killed during each but I can't say for certain that it was the total number when I received it), but upon replaying it yesterday with my friends one of them stated that it actually is partly that but also just a normal percentile drop? Was my way of thinking flawed and I just got lucky or is how he said it actually how it is?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Educate me on Phantasy Star Online

Post#52 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 pm

The drop rate is a random roll that happens every time you kill the enemy. If a rate is 1/100, it means there is a 1% chance of getting the item every time you kill the enemy. It does not mean that one is guaranteed to drop every 100 enemies; you could kill 200 enemies and not get the item if you are unlucky.
"Fear the HUnewearl."