dreampi wifi version/question

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

dreampi wifi version/question

Post#1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:22 am

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since i've posted but i have followed this website as well as onlineconsole.com for many years....

anyway, i am about to order the dreampi wireless version kit that is completely put together and all i do is hook the thing up......my question is this...just to make sure i know what the hell i'm getting into, am i right in understanding that all i have to do is literally hook it up to the dreamcast...and enable dmz on the router and thats it?

also, i have a dsl connection. my wireless router requires all wifi devices to include the password from my router to connect. how do i do that on the dreamcast? i do have web browser 2.o...

anyway, i know i sound like an idiot...but i get nervous when i'm messing with technology....i dont want to screw up my xbox live or psn connections either.....

btw, i am just impressed as hell that AFO is back! that is the reason i am getting this thing....i never got a chance to play that game online back in the day...i used to play the hell out of quake 3, unreal tourny, the 2k series especially nfl 2k2, world series baseball 2k2, ncaa football 2k2, and nba 2k2,....also used to play starlancer a lot online...loved that game!!

thank you guys for all you do,
--justin

blatz42
rebel

Re: dreampi wifi version/question

Post#2 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:54 pm

What's up! You'll need a usb keyboard and something you can plug HDMI into, as you have to enter your WiFi name and password on the pi itself. (There are guides on how to do this made by greater people than I, such as this.)Configuring the pi from the pi won't mess with any of the other devices on the network, though!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:38 pm

i just watched that ...wow..he did a great job explaining all that...but i think i'll just get the other version that is not wifi...less steps to follow and its cheaper...thanks man!!

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:51 am

I've got a wi-fi DreamPi, and it really isn't all that complicated to set up, even with the extra step or two. It took me no time at all to get online, something I was worried about, since these kinda things tend to always screw up for me, one way or the other, haha :)